• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

braidkid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by denimdestroyedmylife
mjk-i have never seen okis fit like that. i am flabbergasted. nice fit.

(um. Normal capitalization, imagine, sirs!)

seriously, that is freakin amazing. i measure 32 around my waist and the 30 oki's looked like farmer pants on me (after shrinkage of course). i can't for the life of me figure how those look so good on you but congratulations. must be a mutant pair.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by braidkid
seriously, that is freakin amazing. i measure 32 around my waist and the 30 oki's looked like farmer pants on me (after shrinkage of course). i can't for the life of me figure how those look so good on you but congratulations. must be a mutant pair.

Yeah, my OKI looked extremely relaxed as well. Those even look tapered!

TC1990

Reaction score
mjk - Awesome. If I ever got a pair of oki's that's exactly how I would want them to fit.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by macuser3of5
As if Number Nine and 45rpm aren't hyped and overbeasted. And Carpe Diem?
plain.gif
SoCal certainly doesn't look like a victim; iammatt hit it on the head.

Please! All these labels mentioned are pretty fringe, don't let some internet forums make you think otherwise. As for being against Carpe, as you might know I don't do the total decayed look but still am extremely satisfied with the pieces that I have and truly respect what Altieri is (was?) trying to accomplish on an artistic level. Not all designers/labels are equal and you'll be hard pressed to find many on the level of C.Diem, although some people still tower over him (think Yohji, Lang, etc).

I honestly don't think Socal should switch to those labels though as this is not the aesthetic he is going for, for better or worse he's doing the luxury shopper high-end Italian and French fashion, with a healthy dose of Jil thrown in which make me like his stuff more than I would otherwise. This isn't my aesthetic but I've seen so many people try and fail to do it to recognize he's generally a sharp dresser. I'm with LAGuy and Rye though, I don't see the appeal of his casual looks but I guess that's fine, I don't have to appreciate everything that is being posted in here. Not all posters have the same attitude towards hopefully constructive criticism (I honestly don't mind as most of my choices are pretty deliberate which means I stand behind them 100%) and it's easy to feel attacked as the posters that weren't commenting just start agreeing in drones after the first post is made.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I knew I'd strike a nerve with a couple MC guys but it still stands that is not difficult to have style, there is too much "perfection" in elements going on but a formal attire is like a bandage for those who lack style (not saying you guys do). PS. I hate the TB look. I will start posting to show you what I think.

GS
inlove.gif

Originally Posted by Rye GB
Don't want to dress like you?. I wanna be you!.
eh.gif

You want some of my wardrobe, trust me *****.

Also while cdiem, 45 rpm (and Number Nine though I dislike it) are beasted not unlike kiton and JL (for their quality), they are not commercial mall brands that are so readily accessible and ubiquitous with uninspired designs produced by fashion powerhouses. However, SoCal does a nice job of not picking the tacky over-logoized things. I think that is what Rye is trying to say.

PS. I saw where the Margiela store is being built
bigstar[1].gif

michaeljkrell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't know why mine are special. The measurements are pretty much the same as on selfedge's site... 97 degrees and 20mph winds... This is Nebraska in July... The same as yesterday except I changed shirts... Persol Shades MJK Basic Tee SC OKI Neil Barrett
77.jpg

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dont really understand the deal with all the praise for Krells slim Okis... if thats the fit everyone wants, why even consider sugarcane? They look too slim (for what they are) imo, and the top block looks a bit off.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
I just look at them as jeans and for what they are(jeans) and krell's look that he goes for i think they fit him great. I see a bit of hip flare and stuff in the picture of his tooshy but it'll probably settle with time since i think he just got them. I don't know what sugarcane okis are supposed to fit like. His certainly aren't relaxed fit, but they're not overly slim. I think they fit nicely in between and similar to the corpus ones he used to wear but i'm sure he's more pleased with the denim and details with the okis. Things always look different on different bodies. Just look at Sauce's APC NS compared to 75% of the people who buy them in the exact same "size down 2" method. They look really slim on sauce but almost relaxed fit on other people(after stretching). My PBJs don't really look skinny/slim at all. They look kinda slim and almost bootcut now. Go figure.

michaeljkrell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
I see a bit of hip flare and stuff in the picture of his tooshy but it'll probably settle with time since i think he just got them
Yeah, I have had them for less than a week... I just realized how weird it is that I posted pictures of how these jeans fit my butt, and how another guy commented on it...

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
of course the denim quality and such is an important factor, but I just dont get why people (and now im not talking about you Krell, since you didnt size down as I understood it), try to get every available brand slim/skinny . If a certain model is cut regular or wide, whats the point of sizing down 3 to get it slim? Its like... "well , these new rockawear jeans looks damn good, and good price aswell. If I size down 4-5, they might look like diors, or atleast Apc" ...

Empire

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuperBobo
I dont really understand the deal with all the praise for Krells slim Okis... if thats the fit everyone wants, why even consider sugarcane? They look too slim (for what they are) imo, and the top block looks a bit off.

SuperBobo, can you explain how the top block looks off. Looking at the pics i cant see anything wrong but if you point it out maybe it will become more obvious to me !

michaeljkrell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I just wanted a basic, straight leg, classic pair of jeans. They run a little small, but thought I would stick with my regular size since I read they stretch a bit. I am thrilled about how they fit, but would also be happy if they were a little looser...

I too am interested in what you mean by the top block being off...

Empire

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuperBobo
of course the denim quality and such is an important factor, but I just dont get why people (and now im not talking about you Krell, since you didnt size down as I understood it), try to get every available brand slim/skinny . If a certain model is cut regular or wide, whats the point of sizing down 3 to get it slim? Its like... "well , these new rockawear jeans looks damn good, and good price aswell. If I size down 4-5, they might look like diors, or atleast Apc" ...

I agree with this wholeheartedly. I think the sizing down thing has been taken to far especiallyover on sufu which i cant be bothered with anymore. Personally i only size down with apc and nudie where oversizing and stretching has to be taken into consideration.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
I do understand and feel the same way as you bobo. The only reason i commented is because i felt it was the wrong battle to pick to defend this point as i don't think those jeans look skinny or really slim. I think a lot of people(her and sufu) really want the brand name of certain jeans like 45rpm and sugarcane but don't understand that they're usually a more relaxed fit than what is currently in style right now. I think people have confused sizing down on APCs and nudies because they're mis-sized and stretch a ton, and assume that it's just what you need to do to get good fitting jeans. I'm always the first person in the APC threads here and sufu to tell someone asking about sizing down 9 on New Standards to just get a pair of New Cures down 1 or Cures down 1-2 since they obviously want a slimmer cut. I think we all know that krell likes the semi-slim denim look and it ended up working out pretty much perfect for him, regardless of how sugarcane may have intended them to look. I think the main thing is body type and being in between sizes(i'm a 31.5"waist so i feel him).

Drizzt, i don't know anything about proper suits, but to my untrained eye, the little bunching at the shoulder/arm seem looks weird to me. Whether it's intended or not, i just don't like it. It seems like the arms are a bit short, and the pants have weird bunching going on at points. I know you said it's still new and stuff, but that's just my opinion on the picture posted.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
I think people have confused sizing down on APCs and nudies because they're mis-sized and stretch a ton, and assume that it's just what you need to do to get good fitting jeans. I'm always the first person in the APC threads here and sufu to tell someone asking about sizing down 9 on New Standards to just get a pair of New Cures down 1 or Cures down 1-2 since they obviously want a slimmer cut.
I would have completely agreed with you last week, but I was recently helping a friend decide between Cures and New Standards, both in 32. The lower leg of the cures fit well, but the thighs were too tight. And on the NS, the thighs were perfect, but the lower leg was way too loose. And behold, the salesperson had the genius idea to try on the NS in a 31! They were perfect--except of course for the tight waist, but we all know how much APCs stretch anyway. So I agree in principle, especially after seeing the absurd tightness on Superfuture (always paired with Dunks!), but there are times that sizing down is a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads