• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Tonight:

BR Red Textured stripe T-shirt
BR Khaki Cargo Shorts
TBNY Black Leather/tan suede sandals
YSL Rive Gauche pour homme

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, yes, I know pics would be nice. So someone send me a cheap digital camera and I'll post them (mine, kaput).

Anyway, wearing a dark maroon/red thermal under a grey with purple undertones tee, both Jay Allen blanks. APC braided suede leather cuff (now thoroughly "distressed"), grey military cap, Nudies RRDS and my Maltese Cross Baltazar belt, and white (really cream) with red accent Marc Jacob Vans slip ons.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Anyway, wearing a dark maroon/red thermal under a grey with purple undertones tee

Is it that cool in Boston right now, or are you suffering for your style? I'd love to wear something besides t-shirts and button-ups with the sleeves rolled back, but this humidity....

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
Is it that cool in Boston right now, or are you suffering for your style? I'd love to wear something besides t-shirts and button-ups with the sleeves rolled back, but this humidity....

I suffer for my style. I've worn this in 105 F high desert weather as well. I don't tend to overheat or get cold very easily (my body apparently has become good at keeping constand body temperatures), so it's not a big deal for me. Besides, I ran my first race in a while yesterday (mile splits sucked), and am a little drained still, so I feel cooler than normal right now.

topcatny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Black Lacoste Polo
Nudies Regular Ralf Dry
Black J Crew belt (10 yrs old and very distressed now)
Adidas Chile 62 black with yellow stripes

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
I suffer for my style. I've worn this in 105 F high desert weather as well. I don't tend to overheat or get cold very easily (my body apparently has become good at keeping constand body temperatures), so it's not a big deal for me. Besides, I ran my first race in a while yesterday (mile splits sucked), and am a little drained still, so I feel cooler than normal right now.

Works for me. I'm almost at the point where I'm willing to do that myself--I'm getting soooo tired of t-shirts....

Originally Posted by topcatny
Black J Crew belt (10 yrs old and very distressed now)

The same waist size for 10 years? You are a man among men.
smile.gif

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
I suffer for my style.

spoken like a true sartorialist. Even in this so cal 100+ weather I wear my slim dry jeans, wool trousers, etc...the same **** I'd wear in the fall/winter.

PunctualAlex

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wade M
Thanks SO much to all of you...Will write a genreal reply to all over the weekend and outline what I was trying to do....

Cheers,
Wade

I know I'm a bit late but I love the french cuffs and jeans...

topcatny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
The same waist size for 10 years? You are a man among men.
smile.gif

Well I do have to buckle it one spot over now so it's not completely unchanged. At the rate I am going that belt's not going to fit much longer unless I get back into shape.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
White Le Tigre polo with widely spaced light blue stripes
Blue Cult Dark Destroyed jeans
Tommy Bahama black/tan leather sandals
Bvlgari Solotempo
Hugo Boss Baldessarini EDT

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Tonight (after dinner drinks at Cafe R&D)

Le Tigre Light Blue/White Wide Stripe polo
Bootcut OLAs in Dark Worn
Dark Brown Prada Chelsea Boots
Rolex Daytona SS Black Dials
Clive Christian X

Wade M

Reaction score
Originally Posted by topcatny
Well I do have to buckle it one spot over now so it's not completely unchanged. At the rate I am going that belt's not going to fit much longer unless I get back into shape.

A belt is a great "pacer". It can be a very happy or very sad time to shift notches in a belt
smile.gif

--Wade

Wade M

Reaction score
Setup: I work in an office environment, where it's smart-casual. For most that's buisness clothing, sans tie. I have another look which I wear to work, which is polo + jean, which is my casual look (making me the most 'casual'[as aposed to style] person in the office) Objective: trying to do was mix my two looks. method: I picked my most ill fitting shirt (fits great on the shoulders, as you've all noticed, big cuffs, bit baggy, and it's very think cotton), and wore my jeans. My mentality: was that if I could pull the look off, I'd have no problems pulling it off with my nice fitting shirts, with the jeans. So with all your feedback, I believe that I can pull the look off. I did feel pretty good with the look, but of course I was going to be biased about the look (I got a few good comments around the office as well) The shoe thing, I'm not a fan of curved toed shoes. Once again, thanks for your feedback, it means a lot. --Wade PS swooc / PunctualAlex, thanks for such compliments!

Buddy Love

Reaction score
Am I completely hopeless?
tounge.gif

Wearing:

Esprit Pink Polo Shirt
Sand Green Cotton Sweater
J&J Denim Attitude Jeans
Vagabond Monkstrap Boots, Espresso

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads