1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cultpop 0217

cultpop 0217 Senior member

wow. hardcore really is dead.

That's cool GB rocked....i passed on seeing them in Socal. I didnt want to tarnish the memories of seeing them in the late 80s, but I *almost* wish I'd gone

yeah ive passed up a few shows recently becuase i didnt want to alter my memories of a band or the era in which i saw them.

As for tarnishing memories, I can't really speak to that being 22, but they were clearly really into it and having fun both times I saw them, and older people have said they are tighter now than they were originally, and a whole lot better than they were at the very end of the band

its not always about musicality. seeing gb first time around is an experience that had just as much to do with time and place as how well they played. i have to think seeing alot of bands now would be almost besides the point. i saw the sex pistols back when they toured a few years back and it was just horrible. a travesty really. and they played really well.

2. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Tonight:

Blue Express graphic T
    ES Hutch in Maz 21 dark
    Adidas Rod Laver Vintage

3. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

Penguin burgundy "earl" polo shirt
    Nudie thin finns
    Adidas Saigon (the opposite colorway of Japans, red w/white stripes....if the Italia were a lil bit cooler, they would be these!)

4. modual

modual Senior member

Penguin burgundy "earl" polo shirt
    Nudie thin finns
    Adidas Saigon (the opposite colorway of Japans, red w/white stripes....if the Italia were a lil bit cooler, they would be these!)

Sorry Get Smart but italias are much cooler than saigons

5. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

Sorry Get Smart but italias are much cooler than saigons

pfeh....good thing I have both then.

6. whodini

whodini Senior member

"Garden State" promo AA shirt I got free from some dudes walking around Melrose with a shopping cart full of "GS" movie goodies.
    Cracked cream Fossil belt.
    RRL slimfits
    Wine/tan 'Roos.

7. WatchGuy

WatchGuy Senior member

From a couple of days ago. [​IMG] Theory blue shirt Banana Republic v-neck Rag & Bone black Frye Engineer boots Nagual bracelet
    Great outfit. Who makes that belt?

8. advan031

advan031 Senior member

polo
    rr veggie
    tigers U81

9. lance konami

lance konami Senior member

Great outfit. Who makes that belt?

Thanks! Actually, I don't know who makes it, it doesn't say. I wish I asked at the time I bought it. I got it at Theodore Man on Rodeo in Beverly Hills. When I got it, he only had one. So I snagged it for like $80 I think.

10. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

Kiton shirt
    Brioni jeans
    Trafalgar belt
    Paul Smith socks
    Barneys boots

11. jpgm

jpgm Senior member

yesterday...

APC new standard
    topman plain tshirt
    umbro x kim jones woven hi
    c people knit
    georg jensen victory ring

[​IMG]

12. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Senior member

yesterday...

APC new standard
    topman plain tshirt
    umbro x kim jones woven hi
    c people knit
    georg jensen victory ring

I really like the outfit. Very clean, the fit is good, and to my eyes, the very simple contrast of white shoes with black top is effective. It also looks like something I'd wear, so there's probably a little narcissism in there somewhere....

13. sonick

sonick Senior member

Goin' to a bar/club I haven't been to before for a birthday party for a friend of a friend. My friends always go to the local hotspots that always play 'Top 40' hip hop and pop, but today I'm hoping for something different. The website says:
    And apparently tonight its "New Wave Electro Rock". Mor aligned to my taste in music than than SexyBack and Promiscuous Girl again. Anyways, here's my outfit - American Apparel Track Jacket - 'Vintage' Beatles "Hard Days Night" tee - Brown suede Gap belt - Levi's Skinner Rigid (haven't broken these ball-torturing babies out in awhile) - Chuck Taylor Hi-Top [​IMG] Edit: I changed my mind and decided to go with this tee instead http://www.threadless.com/product/302/The_Bright_Lights [​IMG]

14. Aaron

Aaron Senior member

Goin' to a bar/club I haven't been to before for a birthday party for a friend of a friend.

My friends always go to the local hotspots that always play 'Top 40' hip hop and pop, but today I'm hoping for something different. The website says:

And apparently tonight its "New Wave Electro Rock". Mor aligned to my taste in music than than SexyBack and Promiscuous Girl again.

Eh...it strives to look different (and IMO suceeds) it's kind of more of the same atmosphere wise. Go to Shine if you want some different beats. I haven't been there on the "New Wave Electro Rock" night though, tell us how it is.

Anyways, back on topic.

-Ben Sherman Horizontal striped sweater with deconstructed details
    -APC Rescue (4 months, one wash, in a washing machine! Gasp! The horror!)
    -Dark Brown perforated leather Vans slip-ons.

A.

15. sonick

sonick Senior member

Eh...it strives to look different (and IMO suceeds) it's kind of more of the same atmosphere wise. Go to Shine if you want some different beats. I haven't been there on the "New Wave Electro Rock" night though, tell us how it is.
    Cool, nice to see another Vancouverite (well, semi-vancouverite, i guess).

It's the same atmosphere as compared to say, Plush or Atlantis (where we usually go, though not at my suggestion)?

Ohwell, guess i'll find out soon!

16. jpgm

jpgm Senior member

Goin' to a bar/club I haven't been to before for a birthday party for a friend of a friend.

My friends always go to the local hotspots that always play 'Top 40' hip hop and pop, but today I'm hoping for something different.

i miss vancouver...what an awesome city!

there is a fantastic greek restaurant further south down granville from the entertainment district, just before the bridge and south of davie street. great food, and really cheap too. i think its called 'adonis'. go there!

17. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Tonight:

Light Blue Banana Republic polo (one of my fav, cuz of no logo)
    5EP Straight Down Zip (Resin)
    Sperry Topsiders
    YSL M7 Fresh
    Lange 1815 Auto (Platinum)

18. sonick

sonick Senior member

i miss vancouver...what an awesome city! there is a fantastic greek restaurant further south down granville from the entertainment district, just before the bridge and south of davie street. great food, and really cheap too. i think its called 'adonis'. go there!
    There's one VERY popular one further down Davie called Stephos, they are ALWAYS packed, and don't take reservations. So the night kinda turned out to be a bust. The person who planned it fudged up, and the entire group of 15-20 people were not on the guest list. So we walked down two blocks to another club (stone temple), but my friends didn't wanna wait, so we decided to leave. Afterwards, hung out for a bit, grabbed some 99 cent pizza, and here I am now. My man-parts are begging me to take off these Levi's Skinners.

19. cultpop 0217

cultpop 0217 Senior member

not enuff pics in this thread

last weekend my gallery had an opening

[​IMG]

vintage roy batty leather
    skulls scarf
    iron on t-shirt by cultpop
    gap skinny
    chucks

i saw this vintage "family tree of british rock" t-shirt on ebay for an outrageous amount of money. in the auction they had posted a hi res pic of just the image. saved it my computer and made an cloth iron on. add vintage t and there you go

[​IMG]

cold and rainy today in chicago
    [​IMG]

vice 'stache
    vintage leather motorcycle jacket
    day of the dead silk scarf
    vintage porcupine mts. shirt
    vintage belt
    jr nikki sixx
    vans

[​IMG]

hate away.

20. lance konami

lance konami Senior member

That black leather jacket is the shit cultpop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.