• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
66561751hh2.jpg
madras bedford shirt handmade by nike tweed short pants courtesy the chef john lobb iceskates

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bona Drag
Rye, amazing fit even by your standards; hat looks great (UO - who knew?)
Thanks, I don't really wear hats but this one seemed ok. It didn't go over too well on Superfuture, it hit a nerve with someone. I guess if it doesn't have a Supreme box logo affixed to the front the school kid majority over there don't get it.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by denimdestroyedmylife
madras bedford
shirt handmade by nike
tweed short pants courtesy the chef
john lobb iceskates

NDGxKiton Garfield?

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rye GB
Thanks, I don't really wear hats but this one seemed ok. It didn't go over too well on Superfuture, it hit a nerve with someone. I guess if it doesn't have a Supreme box logo affixed to the front the school kid majority over there don't get it.

If they hate n' let 'em hate...

Seriously, that guy on SuFu kind of just f***s with people, although usually he's pretty funny. If I thought the hat sucked I'd say so, but I don't; I do think it's a bit of a "can you pull this off" type of thing, and you can.

Also, real nice DDML - you don't post here enough, imo; you do great things with basic colors and pieces.

Short pants - where can I cop?

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by denimdestroyedmylife
sauce---oh, you've the same one?

Stood in line, but I overslept that day. Missed it by like three people, had to settle for Odie. Not the same. Not the same at all.

flsxik

Reaction score
the good weather returns! Stussy hanes tee c hearts bag dior 21 cm's supreme blazers
2d98w1f.jpg
cheers!

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bona Drag
'Cause I'm curious, to Rye and others who've done it both places - better thrifting in NYC or LA? Other nominees? Apparently the Jville thrift shops will cough up some real gems every once in a while...
Best vintage store bar none is What Goes Around Comes Around NYC. It's not cheap by a long shot but you can find your holy grail of vintage there. Cali is way better for thrift (tee's, jeans, shoes), especially workwear and 50's etc.When I interned in Ventura at Patagonia 10 years ago the thrift stores on Main Street were epic. I've never checked out Florida for vintage but I'm sure it's great with the number of clothes hoarding old geezers poppin off on a daily basis. NYC is better when it comes to finding the occasional near new designer brand in your local thrift store. The Upper East Side NYC thrift stores are a good source for near new and designer threads. I found a near new Facconable trench there for $15,, Gucci shirts, Lacoste polo's, all the waspy threads.

mendel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
I bought my first plaid shirt today. I'm still not sure how to wear it, so please comment on this outfit. Is it appropriate to wear a collared shirt and zip up hoodie?

img0650ss2.gif

Ben Sherman? If so, I nearly bought that shirt a couple of weeks ago.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Cheap has good luck in jville with thrift stores, but i've found nothing good in gainesville. If you're looking for some sweet aeropostale/american eagle stuff or a bunch of gator tshirts, you're set. I've yet to find anything worthwhile in gainesville except this great stone monkey lamp that lives in my living room. Orlando usually doesn't have anything great either, at least the stores i've been to. One of the thrift stores often has good records for 99cents. I've found multiple queen, michael jackson, hendrix, stevie wonder, prince, cream, and more. You have to get lucky and get them before the record hunters do.

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
You live in Gainesville, too? I hear you. Good thrift store finds here are rare.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah yeah, blazer + hoodie is a tired look, but whatever.

Waiting for the bus:
m75233546.jpg

Studying before my midterm
m75233538.jpg

Post-Lunch digestion
m75233529.jpg

Gap T-shirt
AA Hoodie
Guess blazer
Earnest Sewn Fulton
Jack Purcell

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
It looks fine. You're not wearing a suit coat and the casual nature of the jacket goes with everything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 45 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads