• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

well designed web sites.

farfisa23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The title says it all, what are some sites that you think are good looking AND functional.

Please examples and maybe why you like them. I am very interested in see what people dig and why.

Like: http://www.motivemag.com/

It's clean and functional.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by farfisa23
The title says it all, what are some sites that you think are good looking AND functional.

Please examples and maybe why you like them. I am very interested in see what people dig and why.

Like: http://www.motivemag.com/

It's clean and functional.

That site is pretty confusing. Small text and links all over the place.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Craigslist, drudge report.

For media apps, maybe twitter, and flickr.

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Google. I use it because it doesn't take forever to load up a bunch of news and other useless crap like AOL, and it finds what I am searching for. Works for me.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
any of the ones i've done are well designed.

acconrad

Reaction score

farfisa23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acconrad
whatcha guys think of mine?

www.21gunstudios.com

i'm very into minimalism at the moment

i've got a bunch of great sites i keep around for inspiration:

http://www.delicious.com/acconrad/inspiration

some people are just AMAZING at web design

Have you used Ning?

I am working on a project and wanted to use a white label software for Social Networking. Is all the Ning data portable - like wordpress - when I build a platform from scratch.

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I usually hate Flash and loading but got a kick out of this and it seems to work well. for its purpose as a hip/hipster type of restaurant it executes well. http://www.babybluesvenice.com/ plus its my favorite restaurant in LA, so that's always a good time.

theguy

Reaction score
This is my website for my computer repair company I don't like it that much. It's only temporary until I learn how to make my own...im getting there www.LIComputerWorks.com im open to any suggestions about my site. Should I put my services on the main page? this isn't my full time job, its more of a paying hobby

nerdykarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've said this on a few SF threads already, but I think Kent Wang and Howard Yount are both excellent websites. I'm not a fan of the design in the OP.

acconrad

Reaction score
Originally Posted by farfisa23
Have you used Ning?

I am working on a project and wanted to use a white label software for Social Networking. Is all the Ning data portable - like wordpress - when I build a platform from scratch.

Yeah I've used Ning for my fraternity, as well as for other groups. It's like Facebook for your own niche. The data isn't portable unless you pay extra to have advanced features.

Originally Posted by theguy
This is my website for my computer repair company I don't like it that much. It's only temporary until I learn how to make my own...im getting there
www.LIComputerWorks.com
im open to any suggestions about my site. Should I put my services on the main page?
this isn't my full time job, its more of a paying hobby

FLASH = BAD

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads