• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WAYWRN Composite -- 25 thumb minimum

evilWagon

Reaction score
Ah, I've finally read the whole thing. Very informative and judging the fits that really caught my eye critically has given me more insight into what appeals to me and why.

It also helps that there's three regulars that have physical attributes similar to my own. Hair and skin colouring like Anden, build/shoulders like Murl and height like chocasa (how tall is he really). So it's interesting to see done well the things that suit each.

Does anyone else find elements that seem to fit someone's character or bearing but with which you couldn't get away with? Upr crusts three pieces, hats and bow ties for example. On a man of his bearing and age they would hardly raise an eyebrow other than to observe how well dressed he is or how I wish I could pull off xyz. On me they would look like costume pieces. Likewise with terralieurs killer hats and jackets. Or Nickpolicas more relaxed European fits.

Despite working in a major metropolitan city, the business casual nature of my industry means that while many of these pieces catch my eye I find myself questioning if I would have occasion more than twice a year to wear them. Keep them coming especially the more flexible odd jacket combos that lead me to the thread and inspired me to pickup a blue corneliani sc and mid grey pants. Now to find some knit ties and additional sc and nicer dress pants.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was hoping for more fits. Ill go ahead an compile one now. Brb!

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this is good or bad, nor am I sure of the reason, but its pretty clear to me that fits that were easily getting 20+ thumbs in the past are no longer making the cut. Fascinating!
IMG_5303mod.jpg
IMG_5308.JPG
SF Family: Howard Yount (square, shoes) NMWA (tie)
Most Manly Award - Me Nothing else really matters, but great job everyone else! :)

Last edited:

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yep, it looks like order has been restored after the initial "thumb" frenzy.....I'm glad. Looks like I'll squeak in on the next batch.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's high summer in the southern hemisphere, and the holidays/4Q/YE close everywhere. My guess is it's just an ebb.

Then again I've always contended that thumbs are only an indirect and imprecise gauge, and influenced by myriad non-fit related factors.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In some ways I would prefer more thumbing on WAYWRN rather than less. It would lend more statistical significance to the numbers.

Like Stitchy, I've also noticed a drop-off in thumbing this week. Pretty sure that would be due to a drop-off in readership, itself attributable to the fact that most peoples' lives tend to get really busy in the week leading up to the festive season.

I predict that thumbing rates will remain low until mid January, by which time most of us will have returned to work.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think its due to readership as well, though only Fok could attests to that. I know that Im hella busy at work and wont be power browsing again until after Jan 1.

Tweedy, sorry, but I barely had time to compile, let alone comment in detail. Ill try and get on that later if I can. :)

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I'm of two minds. On one hand, more thumbs add statistical significance. On the other hand, some fits--some of mine included, though neither in this batch--were squeaking in that really shouldn't have.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMPOSSIBRUUHHHHH!!!

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

X-Post NMWA: This LED lighting give these fabrics no justice, but that's my only option at 0545.
If you're shutting down for Christmas may I take this opportunity to wish you and yours compliments of the season and all you wish for in 2015 Today, went for layers against the wind. Toasty.
Low-light, rainy morning pictures
Yesterday:
Hosting a Club lunch
[/SPOILER] and Part B, Christmas Carols at the Club
Audacious Moi? :smarmy:
Baking cookies.
Yesterday.
IMG_5318mod.jpg
As close to conservative business dress as I get these days... This Hat. Portolano cashmere scarf Dents Eidos navy ragosta field coat Eidos navy donegal herringbone SC in the Primo model Eidos slub grenadine repp tie Eidos blue/white mouline pencil stripe spread collar shirt Eidos MTM pleated lorenzo pant cut from a bolt of vintage bulletproof charcoal flannel that was my father's. Belgian hooves
As per usual, Erica looks hella lot better than I. How it should be I suppose.
My young family over the weekend.
People's choice: Cleav (33) Best hat trick, without wearing a hat: @Cleav. Best hat wearer: my beautiful fiancée, with @NickPollica as a good second. Best country outfit: @DonCologne Best SC: couldn't choose one, @GMMcL,@Murlsquirl & @kulata were all great. Clags choice: ?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads