• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wallets

david135

Reaction score
I was wondering what you guys think is the best wallet... I want to get one for graduation and hopefully a new car (keep fingers crossed)... I was looking at a lot of them... Louie Vuitton, Gucci, Prada, or Cartier and a breast pocket style ( i currently have a vintage Cartier wallet and i like it a lot) just to name a few... I was just wondering what would be you guys opinion on which one i should get...And where is the best to buy them... in the store or on the internet like on a website like Eluxury.com any input would be appreciated.

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All I use anymore is a 3"x4" credit card case. Salvatore Ferragamo is the maker. Good for: driver's license grocery store discount card 1-debit card 1-credit card $20 in cash (weekly ATM withdrawal) http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main....SLOT=15

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
agree with JohnA, as always
biggrin.gif
(john, dude, you get buy on 20 bucks cash a week? I got to get out to Indionapolis, the greater new york region is sucking out my very lifeblood, and costing me way to much in day to day living expenses)

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
globetrotter,

I use my debit card for most transactions. Cash is bulky, lost once it's lost, and dangerous because I can't track my purchases as easily. Plus, I take leftovers for lunch. Here's my daily cash usage breakdown:

morning coffee: $1.71
lunch soda: $1.20
afternoon coffee: $1.51

All of this is, of course, an elaborate scheme so I may set aside more money for clothing purchases.

John

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interestingly enough, I do the same except that I use a Launer credit card case with which I've been quite happy: http://englishhall.com/shopping/54/page/2 Montblanc has some respectable offerings although they tend to be expensive relative to their quality. Both Launer and Montblanc offers several kinds of wallets in addition to credit card cases. dan

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
eluxury.com is a LVMH shoppingmall basically. I no longer have a high opinion of most leathergoods sold by Prada or Gucci, while LV and Cartier are obviously getting an even larger premium for their names. Do you want quality or do you want something that you can say is Prada/LV/etc.? Personally the kind of wallet I'd ask for for grad is a full one.

PHV

Reaction score
eluxury.com is a LVMH shoppingmall basically.  I no longer have a high opinion of most leathergoods sold by Prada or Gucci, while LV and Cartier are obviously getting an even larger premium for their names.  Do you want quality or do you want something that you can say is Prada/LV/etc.?  Personally the kind of wallet I'd ask for for grad is a full one.
If you want a brand name for a wallet, forget Gucci and Prada. LV "specializes" in that type of good, so you ask for one of those. I can vouch for their quality. Mine is fine, and my dad has had the same Taiga LV wallet for like 20 years. (Not sure if it's taiga, but it's a black calf skin) and it's fine.

tattersall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interestingly enough, I do the same except that I use a Launer credit card case with which I've been quite happy: http://englishhall.com/shopping/54/page/2 Montblanc has some respectable offerings although they tend to be expensive relative to their quality. Â Both Launer and Montblanc offers several kinds of wallets in addition to credit card cases. dan
I have Launer's "visiting/credit card" case Link. Very pleased with the quality as well as the service from English Hall.

dorian

Reaction score
Ralph Lauren Purple Label Crocodile bill fold, fold-over wallet or credit card case. In brown.

It will last you for years, and it gets better with age.

briancl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i have a great jack spade wallet that i got on sale. i travel for a living and i have to carry around lots of things on my person, so i need a full size bifold wallet. the benefit this wallet provides is its very rigid and will not expand, so i cannot overstuff it, and it stays slim.

i couldn't find a picture on his website, but the outer piece is a dark grey canvas.. its hard to describe, but it has a very professional look to it. i enjoy it.

seok

Reaction score
re: the thin ferragamo wallet, what do you do when you purchase a $3 item, at a cash-only place, producing the change?

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i have no name rubbish

one of these days i'll get an alligator one, but that time is not now

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads