1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Voxsartoria's Weekly WAYWRN Subjective and Totally Unfair Digest

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by voxsartoria, Feb 13, 2009.

1. gazman70k

gazman70k Senior member

Beijing | Hong Kong | Manila | Shanghai | Singapor
    Thanks everyone.

It would be great if every reasonably regular poster has a go at somepoint. I like the idea of an editor with a very contrasting personal style. I wondered whether Ob5cur1ty might consider taking over?

Allow me to echo the good work posts. Awesome job.

Also allow me to second your nomination.

2. 0b5cur1ty

0b5cur1ty Senior member

Thanks for thinking of me for the next guest editor MoK.

Obviously, I will await the official Vox approval of my nomination [​IMG] but this week works out pretty well for me actually so would be happy to oblige. I would be doing 10/10-16/10 inclusive then?

3. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Senior member

Thanks for thinking of me for the next guest editor MoK.

Obviously, I will await the official Vox approval of my nomination [​IMG] but this week works out pretty well for me actually so would be happy to oblige. I would be doing 10/10-16/10 inclusive then?

Yay! Thank you for agreeing to be the next lamb to the slaughter.

Yes: those are the official review dates. I look forward to your digest.

- B

4. spertia

spertia Senior member

^^Obs seems like a perfect choice for guest editor. He clearly follows the daily postings pretty regularly.

5. TC (Houston)

TC (Houston) Senior member

Nice job again, MoK. Bring on the Obs . . .

6. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

I like the idea of an editor with a very contrasting personal style. I wondered whether Ob5cur1ty might consider taking over?

Great idea. He's got a very distinctive personal styles so it's going to be interesting to see what styles he picks out in others.

Much as I loved this thread when it was vox doing all the picks, the rotating editor slot gives it a certain fresh piquancy.

7. Pezzaturra

Pezzaturra Senior member

8. 0b5cur1ty

0b5cur1ty Senior member

[​IMG]
    Great. Performance anxienty already. [​IMG]

Thanks for the kind words gents. I'm busy collecting...

9. barims

barims Senior member

I'll be ready with another 0b5cur3ly worded compliment once you're done

10. 0b5cur1ty

0b5cur1ty Senior member

I'll be ready with another 0b5cur3ly worded compliment once you're done
    Hehe. All candidates have been collected. Now the hard part...

11. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Hehe. All candidates have been collected. Now the hard part...

Don't set the bribe rate too low [​IMG]

12. ld111134

ld111134 Senior member

Great idea. He's got a very distinctive personal styles so it's going to be interesting to see what styles he picks out in others.

Much as I loved this thread when it was vox doing all the picks, the rotating editor slot gives it a certain fresh piquancy.

"Fresh piquancy"...I like your choice of words, C! Ob5cur1ty's choices will be interesting.

13. 0b5cur1ty

0b5cur1ty Senior member

Here is is gents - my poor attempt to emulate the random subjectivity and cruel unfairness of the Vox weekly digest. It's been a thoroughly interesting, difficult, excercise - most particularly the process of paring down from what you like (or interests you) enough to save, to what ends up here below...

In time-honoured tradtion, we begin with the 'general' category:

Agent Cool on his way to a 'job':
    [​IMG]

Casual perfection:
    [​IMG]

Great combining with the green tie:
    [​IMG]

Boots like this don't actually exist except in my imagination and others' WAYWRN posts. If I were to meet them in real life, or try them on, they would not be as good as they are here:
    [​IMG]

Never mind the flowery PS, check out that collar - this is how to do sans-tie:
    [​IMG]

Great scarf and jacket:
    [​IMG]

Nice, simple, casual:
    [​IMG]

I seem to recall this got hated on quite a lot when it was posted - I like it. It's a particular sort of look, and very easy to get horribly wrong, but here it works well:
    [​IMG]

Excellent use of the brown suit:
    [​IMG]

Great layering:
    [​IMG]

Another nice simple look, with both shirt and scarf giving some visual pop:
    [​IMG]

I surprised myself by eventually choosing this over the wonderful grey pinstrip three-piece you posted at the end of the week... but others could have done that. I'm not sure anyone else could have pulled this off - and you do it so naturally. There's probably not a single thing in this outfit I would ever consider wearing myself - and it looks both cohesive and good:
    [​IMG]

Classic bmulford. Looks great:
    [​IMG]

Obviously I went for the Parkerized version - but Mr Sam's talents are not confined to Photoshop:
    [​IMG]

You do this kind of fit very well - and the fit of the clothes is perfect:
    [​IMG]

Truly worthy of the [​IMG] smiley. Not even the lack of a razor slice of plain white PS is bothering me:
    [​IMG]

Lousy photo - nice fit. Your rock the DB well:
    [​IMG]

This is the kind of fit I'm trying for today. You do it better:
    [​IMG]

Really cool. Everything fits great:
    [​IMG]

Because we all secretly kinda like the coat:
    [​IMG]

You casual fits don't hit the mark as often as your formalwear for me personally, but this is very good:
    [​IMG]

Superb colour, texture, combination:
    [​IMG]

The business:
    [​IMG]

...and now the special categories:

The award for best use of others' oversized undies in a WAYWRN shot goes to:
    [​IMG]

The SF sponsoring real-world friendship and general collegiality award goes to:
    [​IMG]

The looking most remarkably like one of my college professors award goes to:
    [​IMG]

Last but not least, in a suprising last-minute spurt, the WTF??!! award goes to our lord and master, Vox:
    [​IMG]

Phew. Right, I'm off to dinner...

14. bigbris1

bigbris1 Senior member

The dude with Niidawg looks like my stalker. I wonder if he owns a crimson-collared coat.

15. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

[​IMG] Ob5.

MoK had lots of good combos this week. The pinstripe 3-piece was excellent, but you're right, the look you chose is very much the MoK style.

16. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

Even though it was ignored by everyone, I figured my striped sweater would be a pick of yours. I bought it thinking of you for some reason.

Anyways, nice picks. Always like this thread.

17. james_timothy

james_timothy Senior member

Vox's coat isn't subtle, is it.

18. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

Here is is gents - my poor attempt to emulate the random subjectivity and cruel unfairness of the Vox weekly digest. It's been a thoroughly interesting, difficult, excercise - most particularly the process of paring down from what you like (or interests you) enough to save, to what ends up here below...

Nice picks. There's a very clear aesthetic running through almost all your choices. This is why I was looking forward to seeing your picks; I was wondering how you'd translate your personal style into choosing between others. Your taste for "focused" or "clean" looks comes through very strongly but with enough variety to show a broad mind. Very nice selection.

Oh, and thanks for the include. I think it was the only pic I uploaded this week, what with being ill for part of it, so I'm doubly honoured. [​IMG]

My favourite garment of the week is vox's magnficent snuffy coat, but my fave pic was nii & lufty's:

[​IMG]

Great style; nice snap.

19. dv3

dv3 Senior member

Great choices. I like the "SF sponsored friendship" pic with nii and luft. Edit: Holdfast just beat me to this Vox should send clippings of his coat around so everyone can feel it. Or, if he still has the head, he can send it instead.

20. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

Thank you very much, ob5cur1ty.

[confession]
    This actually started as a tie knotting exercise (I had not worn a tie since almost twenty years and did not have a clue anymore how to knot one, so I needed the practice).

So, the title 'Experiment' did not only refer to the combination of fabrics and patterns (which I thought might work), but also to the tie knot...
    [/confession]