Voxsartoria's Weekly WAYWRN Subjective and Totally Unfair Digest

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by voxsartoria, Feb 13, 2009.

1. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

I feel that real HL from that period has staying power that eludes most designers. The stuff was classic but not through mere recapitulation. Do you still have things by him left in your wardrobe? Dry cleaning has killed most of mine. - B
    Agreed; I loved my HL stuff and if he were still around, would probably still be wearing his stuff. I have a few things left; but most have just been worn into oblivion (jeans mostly). Some of the outerwear still holds up, including one of those nylon jackets with all the bondage straps everywhere. I think I have two button-front slim shirts from 96-99, but those lasted only because I didn't wear them as much. The egyptian cotton tees have long since disintegrated, sadly. Those were a lot of fun. I wish I had bought one of the Felix the Cat ones he did in 2004; I saw one on sale in Tokyo for like 4000 yen ($35) and I didn't buy it. [​IMG]

2. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

[​IMG]

You forgot to crop out the viewer's left as superfluous.

Actually, just a closeup of the cigarette would be 98% of the value of this photograph.

- B

3. PandArts

PandArts Senior member

Someone had to balance out the baldies.

- B

Well that's going to change in about an hour [​IMG]

4. Spatlese

Spatlese Senior member

I think without that physical fitness level of yours (note: not an invitation to post the bike riding pic), maintaining this thread would be impossible. As it stands, you have a fighting chance.

5. dusty

dusty Senior member

Where was that train photo taken?

6. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

I think without that physical fitness level of yours (note: not an invitation to post the bike riding pic), maintaining this thread would be impossible. As it stands, you have a fighting chance.

Unhealthy mind in a healthy body?

- B

7. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

Well that's going to change in about an hour [​IMG]

Sour economy leading to a termination of Hair Club for Men membership?

- B

8. Michael Ay329

Michael Ay329 Senior member

This thread makes me want to look my best and hope Vox gives me an honorable mention once I post pictures.

I can understand the euro trash pictures of men with teh ghey handbags...

But why did Yachtie's latest DB brown/green glen plain triple overcheck get posted...was this due to the 2nd ticket pocket or because it made him look like a corpulent industrialist?

As to Phat Guido lucking out with a double post, in addition to that smug smile on his face....what else was offensive? The Thom Browne like short trousers sending off a whiff of homosexuality?

9. Spatlese

Spatlese Senior member

Unhealthy mind in a healthy body?

- B

Far more preferable than the other way around.

10. PandArts

PandArts Senior member

Sour economy leading to a termination of Hair Club for Men membership?

- B

something like that...

11. rach2jlc

This thread makes me want to look my best and hope Vox gives me an honorable mention once I post pictures. I can understand the euro trash pictures of men with teh ghey handbags... But why did Yachtie's latest DB brown/green glen plain triple overcheck get posted...was this due to the 2nd ticket pocket or because it made him look like a corpulent industrialist? As to Phat Guido lucking out with a double post, in addition to that smug smile on his face....what else was offensive? The Thom Browne like short trousers sending off a whiff of homosexuality?
    Ghey is negative TWICE in one post? I'll give you one, but two?

12. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

I can understand the euro trash pictures of men with teh ghey handbags...

As to Phat Guido lucking out with a double post, in addition to that smug smile on his face....what else was offensive? The Thom Browne like short trousers sending off a whiff of homosexuality?

nvm

The social implications of sexuality should have the same level of presence in this thread as sex itself has in the lives of typical StyleForvm members...which is to say, nearly 0 (it would be 0.0 except for the fact that Kunkle can reach down at will, and thus, raises the Forvm average slightly.)

- B

13. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

You forgot to crop out the viewer's left as superfluous.

Actually, just a closeup of the cigarette would be 98% of the value of this photograph.

- B

Actually, my friend was much better dressed than me that day with all his Yohji. What's great is that he's short like the master and wearing a long, heavy coat and it works.

[​IMG]

14. rach2jlc

The social implications of sexuality should have the same level of presence in this thread as sex itself has in the lives of typical StyleForvm members...which is to say, nearly 0 (it would be 0.0 except for the fact that Kunkle can reach down at will, and thus, raises the Forvm average slightly.)

- B

And teh RJ has teh nuptials, soon! That's got to count for something, right??? Right?

15. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I'm very proud that it was you who so quickly zeroed in on the need that this thread creates...which is the need for further editing.

When you bring it, you bring it all the way.

Thank yo

Here you go:
    [​IMG]

Channelling your inner Sonny Crockett FTW. What is this venue where they burn white shirts as a pagan ritual?