• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

VOTE NOW: What is the brand YOU hate the most from this list of top 10 tacky brands?

VOTE NOW! Pick only one, what brand annoys you the most from this list of top gaudy brands?

• Burberry

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • LV Louis Vuitton

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • A&F Abercrombie & Fitch

Votes: 11 12.5%
  • H&M

• D&G

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Ed Hardy

Votes: 52 59.1%
  • G-Star

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • A|X Armani Exchange

Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Diesel

• Versace

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stinsonbass

Reaction score
Honestly why the **** are we having one more thread about this? This is very much pointless + you also forgot to mention that some people disagreed about the choice of brands due to the various products they present/sell to us. One more thing define "tacky". A specific definition would make discussions easier. Oh and once again this is useless because one poll cannot be a representation of the public opinion in a community especially when not everyone not even 1/1000 of the forum will vote here. (in relation to this: "now is time to find the most hated brand on SF")

:foo:

jeromestyle

Reaction score
I agree that not everyone will vote, but it can give us a clue about the brands that we shouldn´t buy if we want to be in good terms with others...

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Louis Vuitton is making great products...

Only People are making them tacky...

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All I can say right now about the OP and these pointless threads is:

:facepalm:
:rotflmao:

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

All I can say right now about the OP and these pointless threads is:

:facepalm:
:rotflmao:

okay since I got that out of the way, the OP is crazy, look at his thread history and you'll understand.. seems like he is trying too hard.

Also:

I agree that not everyone will vote, but it can give us a clue about the brands that we shouldn´t buy if we want to be in good terms with others...

No it won't give us a clue. It won't. Why shouldn't I buy a suit that others are not in good terms with. **** you if you don't like my Burberry suit, its nice, it fits, and is presentable. (I don't mean **** You OP, I mean **** the person not in good terms with my suit)

Honestly why the **** are we having one more thread about this? This is very much pointless + you also forgot to mention that some people disagreed about the choice of brands due to the various products they present/sell to us. One more thing define "tacky". A specific definition would make discussions easier. Oh and once again this is useless because one poll cannot be a representation of the public opinion in a community especially when not everyone not even 1/1000 of the forum will vote here. (in relation to this: "now is time to find the most hated brand on SF")

:foo:

I agree. We do not need all these stupid threads it is getting on my nerves. What is tacky? Let me define this once and for all:

Tacky = When people start wearing the brand logo on everything. When the brand makes a sub-brand, and that sub-brand's apparel is logo plastered.
But that is not enough of a definition. Tacky is also when people who wear a brand that is in a certain realm, but then say its 'luxury' or 'preppy'. Like A&F or Hollister, people call A&F preppy, or the new prep. It is far from preppy, they don't even sell Blazers for crying out loud. And then their advertisements are mostly based on sex appeal. That is tacky.
Then again tacky is situational: If you were in a club on jersey shore, wearing Ed Hardy makes you the ****. In highschool, wearing A&F helps you get in with the 'rich/popular' crowd. Anything else would be tacky/gaudy to them

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since when is H&M tacky? AFAIK non of it is obviously branded or particularly outlandish, and it's not even too expensive.

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

the logo is a bit over-sized IMHO

Jesus Christ you can't be banned soon enough.

And anyone who manages to pick anything on this list other than Ed Hardy literally must not have eyes.

Last edited:

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I can't say with any assurance. I don't own one item by any of the ten. I'm completely unfamiliar with Ed Hardy (although I did read the name once here on SF) and G-Star.

Last edited:

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Since when is H&M tacky? AFAIK non of it is obviously branded or particularly outlandish, and it's not even too expensive.

Exactly why its not tacky and you should ignore this thread.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads