• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

VOTE NOW: What is the brand YOU hate the most from this list of top 10 tacky brands?

VOTE NOW! Pick only one, what brand annoys you the most from this list of top gaudy brands?

• Burberry

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • LV Louis Vuitton

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • A&F Abercrombie & Fitch

Votes: 11 12.5%
  • H&M

• D&G

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Ed Hardy

Votes: 52 59.1%
  • G-Star

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • A|X Armani Exchange

Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Diesel

• Versace

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Since when is H&M tacky? AFAIK non of it is obviously branded or particularly outlandish, and it's not even too expensive.

You personally dismiss everything made by Gucci as "shite" (explicitly encompassing the unbranded/runway items alongside the logoed crap that panders to Chinese Alpha Males
2122.png
) but you worry about someone calling H&M tacky?

You're as ridiculous and useless as the OP.

Last edited:

stinsonbass

Reaction score

Jesus Christ you can't be banned soon enough.

And anyone who manages to pick anything on this list other than Ed Hardy literally must not have eyes.

+1 I'll repeat myself. One cannot judge a whole brand because of single items. Except for Ed Hardy :crackup:

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You personally dismiss everything made by Gucci as "shite" (explicitly encompassing the unbranded/runway items alongside the logoed crap that panders to Chinese Alpha Males
2122.png
) but you worry about someone calling H&M tacky?

You're as ridiculous and useless as the OP.

So that's your opinion is it?

Have a nice day.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hermes man would not be happy with this

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How are H&M and A&F tacky? Who wears those brands to show them off? It's like showing off that you're having a glass of water.

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How is A&F tacky? Who wears that brand to show it off?

Do you have eyes and leave your house?

A&F remains one of the most popular American brands worldwide for high schoolers and the college kids / adults who've never stopped dressing like high schoolers.

Asians seem to really love AF/HCO but that's probably because it's "exotic" (foreign) to them the way kimonos and sushi are to us.

Last edited:

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How are H&M and A&F tacky? Who wears those brands to show them off? It's like showing off that you're having a glass of water.

I don't think H&M is. But I agree that A&F is, it is often yielded amongst highschoolers as being 'preppy' when its from it.

I don't agree that Ed Hardy is tacky, its a lifestyle choice that I think certain individuals can pull off and still look good doing so.

JakeLA

Reaction score

Exactly why its not tacky and you should ignore this thread.

I don't think H&M is. But I agree that A&F is, it is often yielded amongst highschoolers as being 'preppy' when its from it.

I don't agree that Ed Hardy is tacky, its a lifestyle choice that I think certain individuals can pull off and still look good doing so.

H&M is a lifestyle choice? You might as well say that wearing diapers is a lifestyle choice, what kind of stupid argument is that?

Achillus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Diffently G-star. Ugly brand with supersized logo's on shirts.

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I double posted, complete fail

Last edited:

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry JakeLA let us break this down for you about what I said and how you came to the conclusion that I would say H&M is a lifestyle choice (Which I didnt..)

Since when is H&M tacky? AFAIK non of it is obviously branded or particularly outlandish, and it's not even too expensive.

Exactly why its not tacky and you should ignore this thread.

H&M is a lifestyle choice? You might as well say that wearing diapers is a lifestyle choice, what kind of stupid argument is that?

When did I say that H&M is a lifestyle choice?

I clearly said Ed Hardy is a lifestyle choice. People who wear Ed Hardy are usually in a 'scene' where it matters to them and others in their scene, whether its a club on Jersey Shore or on Sunset Blvd. My point being we may not be fans of it, I certainly am not, but I don't judge people who wear it simply because most likely they know the connotations that preside with wearing Ed Hardy and that is the life they live.

My point mainly being, if a brand is trying to be something they are not, or blatantly copying another brand and offering their products at a lower price to rake in customers, then they are tacky. Ed Hardy isn't trying to be anything except Ed Hardy, and that is why I don't think Ed Hardy is Tacky, whereas A&F is, because it gets classified as Preppy sorta like American Eagle does, by a large amount of their customers and those who talk about what their customers wear. 'Jason is rocking that A&F, he must think he's a prep or something," did you know before Avril Lavigne went punk she was a total prep, she wore Abercrombie and ****" were often the kind of remarks I heard in High School concerning A&F.

Also I understand that 'tacky' means something flamboyant, flashy etc.. However it seems like we are defining it differently in this thread and maybe even the forum, on a more general level of acceptance-ness. So maybe Ed Hardy is tacky in the sense of being flashy, but at least it is what it is, whereas some brands are tacky and are trying to be something they are not, which makes it worse in my books.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads