• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vlaclav ,his habits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian SD

Reaction score
His habits, they change from time to time. His new 1 is to type 1 in place of one, do you not think? He finds a good , sentence to place it in almost every thread.

Vaclav

Reaction score
A bad habit perhaps (1 not from Astoria, yo), but it doesn't cost me anything, in fact I am saving the time from those 2 keys I'm not pressing.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by minya
I wonder whose gimmick, Vaclav is.

This too I, have wondered. A gimmick whose entertainment value is, running very thin, for sure...

Brian SD

Reaction score
I have, gueses on who but, I find his stories from the beer gardens to be valuable humor. I have no desire to chase him away forever, caged in Astoria to visit only PS and the beer gardens. Also some of his photographs, are very good.

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it really appropriate to start a thread about someone and then talk about them in that thread? While they watch?

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by skalogre
This too I, have wondered. A gimmick whose entertainment value is, running very thin, for sure...
Yeah, one would think the joke had gone far enough when Vaclav got time out.

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like him, personally. Lately, he has been contributing more and on-topic, albeit with somewhat heavy-handed punctuation.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vaclav's shtick is like the typical SNL skit: funny for about a minute, then increasingly tiresome as the "joke" is repeated over and over. If SF must have a court jester, I think ernest is a much better candidate -- he brings new material each time, and actually contributes a bit to style discussions.

GreyFlannelMan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser
Vaclav's shtick is like the typical SNL skit: funny for about a minute, then increasingly tiresome as the "joke" is repeated over and over. If SF must have a court jester, I think ernest is a much better candidate -- he brings new material each time, and actually contributes a bit to style discussions.

I think the SNL analogy is apt. My feelings about V tend to waver. Sometimes he is amusing, other times he bugs the crap outta me. If he's legit (i.e., not another poster in drag), then he's ok. But sometimes I fear that he is another member posting in disguise. Like others, I have my theories.

The problem with ernest was that he sometimes became quite nasty. Vaclav has not, to my recollection. I believe that ernest even threw around a racial epithet or two that I can recall off-hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads