1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Vlaclav ,his habits

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Brian SD, Apr 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

this is all over my head.

thank goodness.

2. Horace

Horace Senior member

Perhaps I'm missing something, but knowing someone's e-mail address is not tantamount to hacking their account.
    I didn't suggest that. In fact, I thought I made the distinction. If I didn't make it clearly, then that was my error.
    I clearly didn't state this. Nor certainly did I suggest it (i.e. Kabaz or any "cadre", etc).

3. Horace

Horace Senior member

J was kind enough to unlock this thread for a response (which I hope is polite) here.

Sorry, Horace, that won't wash. You had your email address publicly visible in at least two places, on two occasions. First, under the old AA software, if you set your user profile to allow people to send you email, when people clicked to send you an email, they would see your email address publicly displayed. The new site software does not show email addresses.

Not true. In fact, many users who wanted to contact me in the beginning had to do so on sf.com. When I publicly posted my address, it was always my too_trad account.

Again not true. I joined up in the LL once. And only once. I was never "banned". In fact, my account is still valid (and I use my corporate e-mail address) and I've actually continued to participate in the programs on that site, though I haven't posted there in a good while.

I thought I was careful to distinguish between having an account "hacked", and having an e-mail address given out. If I wasn't it's my error in not being more precise or clear in my previous message.

Again my typo. But as for the "nasty charge" -- I merely asserted that I don't care for some of FNB's comments -- which I've publically noted on his own site -- and which he has left standing. I won't list the instances here but the Vass thread is but one example. Still I think his is a good site.

4. CTGuy

CTGuy Senior member

How entertaining. SF Annual Troll Hunt 2006![​IMG]

5. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

No. This is, most unfortunately, not nearly so lethal.

6. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

Do we need a permit for that? What about out of-season hunting? Are we not allowed to hunt them at those times because it is their breeding period? [​IMG]

"Shhh, be vewy vewy quiet; I am hunting twolls! HA HA HA HA HA !"
    (with apologies to the E. Fudd family, lol)

7. CTGuy

CTGuy Senior member

No. This is, most unfortunately, not nearly so lethal.

hmm... methinks there may be some culling once the fun wears off.

8. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Senior member Dubiously Honored

Is Grayson talking to himself again. I think that he and his buddy Hermes may be the same person. They sure seem to like eachother.

9. Horace

Horace Senior member

I'm certain that I'm not the only person who remembers seeing one of your other email addresses openly displayed on the old AA.

It never was displayed. It was released by someone on AAAC with moderating powers.

Luckily, it's an address I just use for forums and the like. Unethical moderators, not withstanding, I don't use it for business.

I included myself in that remark. I think classist behavior takes many forums, and few of us our immune to it or from it.

Yes. For now, Malinda. Remember this Toodle Pip cuts both ways.

In deference to the moderators here on SF.com, this is my final comment on the thread.

10. j

j Senior member Admin

Before everyone in the world gets dragged into this stupid morass, this will be the end. Take all the troll and antitroll discussion over to the troll playground, or start your own. I am tired of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.