• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i first fell in love with visvim after learning about it through a good friend a couple years ago. being a big guy, their clothes wouldn't fit me, but i was especially bummed when i learned their shoes stopped at a size us12. i'm a 13. sol. recently another friend told me their grizzly boot runs almost a size big and might be worth trying. only shop around here that carries vis is sold out of the grizzly and ordering online from another country is too big a risk. what do you guys think, do they really run a whole size big? for reference, i find the air max 1, jordan 3 and jordan most comfortable out of sneakers.
my second question is how do russell moccasins compare to visvim? it's obvious for some models hiroki drew inspiration from old american legacy brands like russell, but the japanese have the tendency to do everything to the highest degree... and some of the russell's i've seen looked like a toddler put them together. i dig the aesthetic of most of the ones i've seen... some just seem especially crude... which i get is part of the charm/style/aesthetic, but this is beyond what's to be expected and objectively bad on some shoes.
it's a bit ironic that in getting a russell i'd be trying to emulate the aesthetic of a shoe so heavily influenced by the russell itself. so meta.
If you check out the top of page 168 of this thread @g transistor did a great job of creating a Visvim footwear fit matrix. It shows a bunch of members preferred fit across multiple Visvim models and other brands as well, that should give you a good idea.

Emixam

Reaction score
if you are a 13, a 12 Grizzly won't fit you. I am a 12.5, and the 12 is just fine for me.

yyz89

Reaction score
if you are a 13, a 12 Grizzly won't fit you. I am a 12.5, and the 12 is just fine for me.

cool, good to know... had a couple friends w/ grizzly's who said to go whole size down.
sucks not being able to buy vis footwear... hopefully some day they wake up and meet the demand for all the 13's.

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just getting into Visvim so apologies for the newbie question.

Has anyone got experience with Kiefer's and how they fit? Similar to Skagway's/ Chucks or would this be dependant on the version?

ajchen

Reaction score
Imagine he's not the best but has certainly worked with Vis boots

Fun watch regardless

Just wanted to say that Erik is legit. As far as bang for the buck goes, he gets the job done, quickly, and at a very reasonable price. If you want the best possible resole goes, you can try Firm Shoe Repair in the east village and will pay accordingly. But I back Erik Shoe Repair and use him for 90% of my shoe repair work.

drknmky

Reaction score
Just wanted to say that Erik is legit. As far as bang for the buck goes, he gets the job done, quickly, and at a very reasonable price. If you want the best possible resole goes, you can try Firm Shoe Repair in the east village and will pay accordingly. But I back Erik Shoe Repair and use him for 90% of my shoe repair work.

Nice I'll check him out, I actually live really close to Erik. Do you know what type of selection of vibram soles Erik or Firm Shoe Repair have or if I can bring them my own soles? I want to find a sole that close to the OG sole on the KNGR Virgils vs having to switch to a Christy. I don't want my boots looking like Red Wings lol.

ajchen

Reaction score
Nice I'll check him out, I actually live really close to Erik. Do you know what type of selection of vibram soles Erik or Firm Shoe Repair have or if I can bring them my own soles? I want to find a sole that close to the OG sole on the KNGR Virgils vs having to switch to a Christy. I don't want my boots looking like Red Wings lol.

If you want a more faithful sole replacement, head to Firm. Erik's selection is limited - he does great work with what he has, but it sounds like you're gonna want something beyond what he can offer. If you source the sole and bring it to him, he'll knock it out of the park but I doubt he has exactly what you're looking for to be frank.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone handle the bison Grizzly from last season?

1072446_mrp_fr_l.jpg

Are they nice and fit the same as old grizzly? Thinking about selling my old pair and picking this one up.

Samer

Reaction score
Anyone handle the bison Grizzly from last season?

1072446_mrp_fr_l.jpg

Are they nice and fit the same as old grizzly? Thinking about selling my old pair and picking this one up.
I have them and they're amazing. True to size with a roomy toe. Side zip is key. They have camel and navy available at a good price on superdenim.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads