1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

*** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit ***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by g transistor, Jul 3, 2014.

1. skenney

skenney Senior Member

2. Fycus

Fycus Distinguished Member

This seasons? Its a blistered leather in the toebox region, I think they actually fired the toe causing it to blister but I could be totally wrong, they didn't highlight how they were distressed but there is some treatment around the toebox. If you follow the visvim hashtag on instagram there are some better pics highlighting the look.

The FW19 TWO boots kinda show the distressing better:

[​IMG]

3. deluzion

deluzion Member

yeah i saw some of the pics (brigadiers) with toebox (joint) area looked terrible..

4. planetarium

planetarium Senior Member

it's privately run and is occasionally appointment only (or just randomly closed) cause it's a vanity side project of a friend of the family who doesn't actually need to work (so basically like every other store on the plaza)

make sure you schedule in advance

5. Retlas

Retlas Member

I picked up the new brigs last weekend. This is the lighter colour way. They said they are not mud dyed but distressed with a few techniques including mud.

image1.jpeg image3.jpeg image2.jpeg

6. whirlinggazelle

whirlinggazelle New Member

Just got these Marshall ICT boots in 9.5 and pretty happy with them! ordered direct from visvim.tv through zenmarket than shipped to the US. First pair of ICT's and think i could get hooked, definitely have a vibe to them... also first post here, been enjoying what you all have to say, and down to answer any questions on these.

boots1.jpg

7. moreismore

moreismore New Member

Bought a brand new pair of FBT veg few days ago, which is also my first visvim footwear. I sized 0.5 down (got a US 8), didn't have a chance to try it out. So I went to youtube and went to different online retailers to check out what are their recommendations. I'm a US 8.5 in nike and vans. It fits snug and hopefully it will stretch a bit.

8. drknmky

drknmky Member

Does anyone have recommendations on a good cobbler for a vibram resole in NYC? Preferably somewhere in Manhattan.

9. John-Galt

John-Galt Senior Member

Imagine he's not the best but has certainly worked with Vis boots

Fun watch regardless

10. luza

luza Active Member

Love these, they fit TTS ?
    How do they compare to brigs ?

11. cbusguy

cbusguy Senior Member

Does anyone have these? How do they fit? TTS?

[​IMG]

12. Emixam

Emixam Senior Member

13. whirlinggazelle

whirlinggazelle New Member

what kind of shoe trees do you all use for your visvim boots or FBT's?

14. Fycus

Fycus Distinguished Member

only the finest... jos a banks

15. yyz89

yyz89 New Member

i first fell in love with visvim after learning about it through a good friend a couple years ago. being a big guy, their clothes wouldn't fit me, but i was especially bummed when i learned their shoes stopped at a size us12. i'm a 13. sol. recently another friend told me their grizzly boot runs almost a size big and might be worth trying. only shop around here that carries vis is sold out of the grizzly and ordering online from another country is too big a risk. what do you guys think, do they really run a whole size big? for reference, i find the air max 1, jordan 3 and jordan most comfortable out of sneakers.
    my second question is how do russell moccasins compare to visvim? it's obvious for some models hiroki drew inspiration from old american legacy brands like russell, but the japanese have the tendency to do everything to the highest degree... and some of the russell's i've seen looked like a toddler put them together. i dig the aesthetic of most of the ones i've seen... some just seem especially crude... which i get is part of the charm/style/aesthetic, but this is beyond what's to be expected and objectively bad on some shoes.
    it's a bit ironic that in getting a russell i'd be trying to emulate the aesthetic of a shoe so heavily influenced by the russell itself. so meta.