• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This seasons? Its a blistered leather in the toebox region, I think they actually fired the toe causing it to blister but I could be totally wrong, they didn't highlight how they were distressed but there is some treatment around the toebox. If you follow the visvim hashtag on instagram there are some better pics highlighting the look.

The FW19 TWO boots kinda show the distressing better:

defile-visvim-automne-hiver-2019-2020-paris-look-25.jpg

deluzion

Reaction score
yeah i saw some of the pics (brigadiers) with toebox (joint) area looked terrible..

planetarium

Reaction score
has anyone been to the visvim store in santa fe?

i go to arizona here and there to visit the in laws and thinking about taking a road trip from scottsdale to santa fe next time.

it's privately run and is occasionally appointment only (or just randomly closed) cause it's a vanity side project of a friend of the family who doesn't actually need to work (so basically like every other store on the plaza)

make sure you schedule in advance

whirlinggazelle

Reaction score
Just got these Marshall ICT boots in 9.5 and pretty happy with them! ordered direct from visvim.tv through zenmarket than shipped to the US. First pair of ICT's and think i could get hooked, definitely have a vibe to them... also first post here, been enjoying what you all have to say, and down to answer any questions on these.

boots1.jpg

moreismore

Reaction score
Bought a brand new pair of FBT veg few days ago, which is also my first visvim footwear. I sized 0.5 down (got a US 8), didn't have a chance to try it out. So I went to youtube and went to different online retailers to check out what are their recommendations. I'm a US 8.5 in nike and vans. It fits snug and hopefully it will stretch a bit.

drknmky

Reaction score
Does anyone have recommendations on a good cobbler for a vibram resole in NYC? Preferably somewhere in Manhattan.

John-Galt

Reaction score
Imagine he's not the best but has certainly worked with Vis boots

Fun watch regardless

yyz89

Reaction score
i first fell in love with visvim after learning about it through a good friend a couple years ago. being a big guy, their clothes wouldn't fit me, but i was especially bummed when i learned their shoes stopped at a size us12. i'm a 13. sol. recently another friend told me their grizzly boot runs almost a size big and might be worth trying. only shop around here that carries vis is sold out of the grizzly and ordering online from another country is too big a risk. what do you guys think, do they really run a whole size big? for reference, i find the air max 1, jordan 3 and jordan most comfortable out of sneakers.
my second question is how do russell moccasins compare to visvim? it's obvious for some models hiroki drew inspiration from old american legacy brands like russell, but the japanese have the tendency to do everything to the highest degree... and some of the russell's i've seen looked like a toddler put them together. i dig the aesthetic of most of the ones i've seen... some just seem especially crude... which i get is part of the charm/style/aesthetic, but this is beyond what's to be expected and objectively bad on some shoes.
it's a bit ironic that in getting a russell i'd be trying to emulate the aesthetic of a shoe so heavily influenced by the russell itself. so meta.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads