1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

*** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit ***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by g transistor, Jul 3, 2014.

1. malcb33

malcb33 Senior Member

If you check out the top of page 168 of this thread @g transistor did a great job of creating a Visvim footwear fit matrix. It shows a bunch of members preferred fit across multiple Visvim models and other brands as well, that should give you a good idea.

2. Emixam

Emixam Senior Member

if you are a 13, a 12 Grizzly won't fit you. I am a 12.5, and the 12 is just fine for me.

3. yyz89

yyz89 New Member

cool, good to know... had a couple friends w/ grizzly's who said to go whole size down.
    sucks not being able to buy vis footwear... hopefully some day they wake up and meet the demand for all the 13's.

4. mkn

mkn New Member

For me, the Grizzly Folk fitted a size larger.

5. Emixam

Emixam Senior Member

the Beard boots definitely fit one size larger

6. bry2000

bry2000 Distinguished Member

Can anyone provide sizing guidance for the Foley hi-Folk? Searched the thread, but could not find what I was looking for.

If I am TTS (brannock sizing) in Skagway and the FW18 Virgils (Kangaroo), how do the Foley hi-Folk compare?

7. malcb33

malcb33 Senior Member

Just getting into Visvim so apologies for the newbie question.

Has anyone got experience with Kiefer's and how they fit? Similar to Skagway's/ Chucks or would this be dependant on the version?

8. ajchen

ajchen Senior Member

Just wanted to say that Erik is legit. As far as bang for the buck goes, he gets the job done, quickly, and at a very reasonable price. If you want the best possible resole goes, you can try Firm Shoe Repair in the east village and will pay accordingly. But I back Erik Shoe Repair and use him for 90% of my shoe repair work.

9. GunwashAce

GunwashAce Active Member

How do virgils hold up in the rain and snow?

10. g transistor

g transistor Distinguished Member

like regular leather boots

11. drknmky

drknmky Member

Nice I'll check him out, I actually live really close to Erik. Do you know what type of selection of vibram soles Erik or Firm Shoe Repair have or if I can bring them my own soles? I want to find a sole that close to the OG sole on the KNGR Virgils vs having to switch to a Christy. I don't want my boots looking like Red Wings lol.

12. ajchen

ajchen Senior Member

If you want a more faithful sole replacement, head to Firm. Erik's selection is limited - he does great work with what he has, but it sounds like you're gonna want something beyond what he can offer. If you source the sole and bring it to him, he'll knock it out of the park but I doubt he has exactly what you're looking for to be frank.

13. g transistor

g transistor Distinguished Member

Anyone handle the bison Grizzly from last season?

[​IMG]

Are they nice and fit the same as old grizzly? Thinking about selling my old pair and picking this one up.

14. Samer

Samer Active Member

I have them and they're amazing. True to size with a roomy toe. Side zip is key. They have camel and navy available at a good price on superdenim.

15. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

Hi guys, hope this is OK to post here, might anyone know the season or have more info on this piece we just received in. Thanks in advance!!

Also, size 4 is approx an XL?

33608_1.jpg 33608_6.jpg 33608_7.jpg