• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

happyvillian

Reaction score
The visvim kits are made by another company and just re-branded as visvim. I forget the name of the company but I’m sure others remember. You should be able to buy the new actual products and save a ton of money too.

Awesome thanks! Would love to know what that other company is if anyone knows!

someone13

Reaction score
Anyone here have tips/recommendations on care for your Virgils in horsehide? I believe Visvim had a shoe care kit, but that's not always available, and i'd assume there's plenty of great alternatives out there.
Found such a phrase (on some biker site), concerning the care of horsehide leather:
"Treating The Leather
This is even easier. Do nothing, absolutely nothing. Do not oil it, don't treat it with hide food - even ours, this is for old steerhide jackets and dried up old vintage horsehide jackets from the 1930s and 1940s, not for your Aero, well not until maybe 2035."

This sounds logical, since the horse's leather contains a lot of fat, and the use of additional oil impregnation can spoil it. I would recommend that you just follow the leather condition. If the leather becomes too dry, then you can apply a little oil, for example - Obenauf's.

Last edited:

mythage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm headed to Japan (Tokyo/Osaka) in September and wanting to pick up a 22L backpack since they're much cheaper there, is there any way to confirm stock ahead of time? Should I just call the number on their stockists list? Unfortunately I can't speak Japanese :(

Is FIL the best store to do this or other stores are OK too for those with experience? Not too picky about colours just looking for a neutral balck or navy with suede/leather at the bottom. But I want the durable one not the LAMINA ones that break easy that were produced a few years back

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's no 22l out in the most recent release, just a 20l. Leather bottom, no suede. You may find a retailer with older season 22l, neither should be lamina since they've only been doing ballistic for a while now

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone here have tips/recommendations on care for your Virgils in horsehide? I believe Visvim had a shoe care kit, but that's not always available, and i'd assume there's plenty of great alternatives out there.

Visvim shoe care products are re-branded Saphir.

Personally, I wasn't very happy with Saphir on my Vis footwear. I use pretty much Obenauf's LP exclusively these days. Renovateur never really felt that good to me.

mythage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Fycus for the heads up. Hopefully I'll come across something. What are some good retailers to check out other than FIL?

ZanderRosen

Reaction score
If y'all want some cheap 7 holes I just copped a new pair in size 9 from CNCPTS... dad 30 code for an additional 30% off all sale items... Insta cop at $600 for me. My Vis closet just quadrupled in the last few weeks.

Mon Dieu

Reaction score
Sized down .5 from my "Brannock" 9.5 and the fit is fine, they are lasted in a "Munson" style which is a forgiving fit in the toe box.
Can't remember my INDY size but am a Viberg 8 in the 110 etc.
Enjoy there a nice boot
+1 on the LP rec. use it on all my work style boots/shoes

GunwashAce

Reaction score
7-hole 73 folk: In most shoes I'm a 10.5 and the 10 fits perfectly. I have a pair in 10.5 which is a little roomy, but i'm keeping them because they're my grail colorway. Today I put my 10 sand up for sale.

Alesha

Reaction score
Hello. Guys, could you suggest me any alternatives to visvim 22l backpack? I’m looking for a pack which looks just like 22l but not so expensive. For example I found Lexdray Vienna Pack, but its colours don’t suit me at all(
Many thanks

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hello. Guys, could you suggest me any alternatives to visvim 22l backpack? I’m looking for a pack which looks just like 22l but not so expensive. For example I found Lexdray Vienna Pack, but its colours don’t suit me at all(
Many thanks

Lexdray is the closest I've seen, but it's more of a technical looking bag, less streetwear/ fashion.

IMO, you're better off finding another cool bag, rather than trying to find something that "looks exactly like X, but is cheaper." There's always going to be some aesthetic difference that'll make you unhappy, or just knowing it's not the thing you want.

There are tons of cool backpacks on the market. Check F/CE, Hobo, South2 West8, Porter, Briefing, Master Piece, Epperson Mountaineering, and Dsptch. The one I use the most lately is And Wander's 30L in green.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads