• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • The 2024 Styleforum and Epaulet Alpaca Project

For the third year in a row, we're thrilled to partner with @Epaulet to bring you an exclusive collection of luxurious sweaters, hats, jackets, and blankets in Peruvian Alpaca.

Details can be found here

The Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

_Taisho

Reaction score
Anyone know retail on the mawata iris?

348000 JPY
Assumed this was before tax and exchange rate was drastically different

Last edited:

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I were to guess, I think its more likely some economic change, rather than change in COGS. A result of updated tariffs on chinese exports to either JP or USA. I think for leather footwear it can go as high as 48% contingent upon construction and materials (Can cross reference HTS code in US ITC database). The only observable change I see is from french calf to horsehide, and instead of the urushi tag they are now hand stitching the wmv logo- I dont see anything in particular that would give it a different harmonization code. Perhaps it was classified wrongly for importation, perhaps tariffs have changed from the earlier release, or visvim changed the cost due to margins being out of wack.

frunk

Reaction score
They’re horween leather, which is always priced higher. Agreed it’s really expensive despite this

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hopefully not a litmus test to see how consumers react if its just a pricing exercise and a sign of things to come. I'll stick with my pair from AW22 😉

discobobulated

Reaction score
From what I can tell, it's the same or similar horsehide as used on the new Brigs. Can't understand why there is such a price difference.

ibn_pengel

Reaction score
latest pickup. Took a gamble on this on Mercari and turned out legit. About $450 taking into account fees and shipping . Other gamble was size 3 but fits good. Paint splattering bit more than I expected though in person compared to in a photo haha

IMG_1887.jpeg

Reaction score
Hey all, just got a BNWT Kerchief down jacket (navy sz2) and have realised I need the size 1.
It just arrived yesterday from Japan (via SampleKickz).

It’s this one:

If anyone is interested in a swap for a recent size 1 or has seen any size 1’s available, please let me know.
Otherwise, I will put this up for sale shortly (to cover my outlay and no more).

I am using a new username as my previous (which I haven’t used in a long time) expired.
A few of the users know me from other forums.

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_1715.jpeg
    IMG_1715.jpeg
    148.4 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_1714.jpeg
    IMG_1714.jpeg
    162.6 KB · Views: 126

Art Vandalay

Reaction score
Felt it'd be useful to update everyone after a couple weeks wearing the latest TWO boots (awful first day wearing them). I'm a 9 in Grizzlies, picked up a 9.5 in them. The first time, I wore thicker socks and my heels were killing me after maybe 45 minutes of walking. Opted for a thinner sock moving forward - there is some heel movement but it seems to have resolved my problem. Thankfully these are keepers in the collection since I love the aesthetic- though they certainly aren't the most comfortable boot I've owned.

Picked up a couple new items I've very happy with-
1. The plura bag - its way more spacious than I anticipated and I'm happy with the build quality
2. The Sublig jumbo 3 pack - Really comfortable albeit very expensive

Samer

Reaction score
Hey all, just got a BNWT Kerchief down jacket (navy sz2) and have realised I need the size 1.
It just arrived yesterday from Japan (via SampleKickz).

It’s this one:

If anyone is interested in a swap for a recent size 1 or has seen any size 1’s available, please let me know.
Otherwise, I will put this up for sale shortly (to cover my outlay and no more).

I am using a new username as my previous (which I haven’t used in a long time) expired.
A few of the users know me from other forums.

Cheers
This is your size, imo

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alistair Knapp