• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Virtual Clothes Horse website

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
lance - what did you end up deciding with the physical sale idea?

PITAronin

Reaction score
Honest, Lance, I did my part to represent the 42S suit-buying populace a year ago when I got a taupe Belvest from you. Just had a hard time justifying buying more than one suit at the time. Maybe your frustrating experience selling your Armanis had more to do with the general feeling around here vis a vis black suits in general rather than the fickle buying habits of the height-challenged members of the forum

discostu004

Affiliate vendor
Reaction score
yes that belvest was a great suit, i just thought the basic black armani would sell fairly easily (not necessarily to you guys but to others, as i get at least 5 requests per week for "S" sizing).

physical sale, still thinking about it. it all depends on how much is sold by august when new stuff arrives. if a lot sells thru, then there's no points. i'm hoping to sell 350-400 pieces per month.

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
[PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT] Have you checked out the sale at virtualclotheshouse.com? Â Think... Â "Virtual" Filene's Basement the morning of the big Bergdorf Goodman and Barney's shipments? Â Kiton, Borrelli, Cifonelli, Isaia, Incotex, St. Andrews, Colombo, Brunello Cucinelli, John Smedley, Silvano Lattanzi (shoes), 7 for all mankind, and on and on. Â Go to www.virtualclotheshorse.com Some amazing, amazing deals, everything is 10-30% off. Â And shipping on your entire purchase (all of it, not per item) is $2.95 during the month of May. Â NO TAX either... Edit: And, unlike EBay, returns are permitted.

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Disco (Lance),

I just received the box of stuff I ordered from you -- really, truly excellent. Those Erreghe belts are incredible (your price: $70 each -- Stanley Korschak's shop was asking $435.00 each ... yikes). I understand Erreghe is part of the Brioni family of companies, so I'm not surprised that the quality and design are Brioni-like. Love the Smedley turtlenecks, Luciano Barbera silk/cotton slacks and St. Andrews blazer too.

Total Retail at Korschak: Over $5,000
Price at VirtualClothesHorse: under $700

Thanks again. "I'll be back"

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How much longer will the 30% off sale last?

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lance,

Have you thought of adding in a "what's new" feature to your web store? Just as you have a carve-out for clearance items, it'd be nice to be able to search solely "new" items. If that's possible already, I'd be interested to know how to do it.

Thanks

discostu004

Affiliate vendor
Reaction score
actually i have thought about that. if you go in right now and search these terms individually it will show what is new within the past 30 days:
arrival
brand new

search those 2 terms and each will bring up something different but i know what you're talking about and agree it's a good idea.

demeis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
virtual clothes horse rocks. I just got a lorenzini shirt and a canlali for less than $200. Thanks stu i appreciate your work

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just wanted to add to this thread and say that it's an absolute pleasure dealing with Lance. I just got a shipment of 11 items in and am very satisfied overall. Obviously he has great merchandise, but the guy also goes far above and beyond when it comes to customer service, and I don't think i've ever met anyone that answers emails so fast.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads