• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ChelseyP

Reaction score
I have three vintage B&L Ray ban sunglasses that are all different styles and am wondering what they're now worth. Can you help?
The first pair is a maroon leather and gold trim aviator style. The retail sticker says G-15 LENS / Worldwide Sponsor 1996 Olympic Games. The Ray Ban logo is white and on the left lens on the top left corner and a BL is etched on the side.
The second pair is an all black round frame/lens. The retail sticker also says G-15 Lens but does not have the Olympic Sponsor details. Ray Ban logo is white and BL is also etched on the side.
The third is a brown tortoise club master with a very dark brown lens, almost black. The Ray Ban logo on the lens is a gold/tan color and BL is stamped on the side.

Can anyone tell me the worth of each of these?

BLRayBanMan

Reaction score
All legit...clubmasters are the newest, and also have g-15 lenses...can't say value as value is whatever someone is willing to pay...that said I may be interested in the aviators and/or clubmasters

Last edited:

BLRayBanMan

Reaction score
That will go up in the last minute...and BTW...if you bid before the last minute on any auction you only run the price up, and likely won't win.

bananarama

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just reaching out to see if any of you experts can help identifying a beloved but lost pair of vintage RayBans.
I believe they were bought in 80s or early 90s, from a reputable retailer so presumably are genuine.
They are pretty similar to the classic B&L aviators, the MAIN difference I can see is that there is a straight-ish edge to the frame by the bridge of the nose, which you can see in the photo below.
As they are lost I don't sadly have many other photos nor style numbers etc.

If anyone can let me know what they think the style is, what the colour is, and where on earth I can find a replacement, I'd be so very grateful.

Thanks.

oosterling

Reaction score

Hi everyone, Just reaching out to see if any of you experts can help identifying a beloved but lost pair of vintage RayBans. I believe they were bought in 80s or early 90s, from a reputable retailer so presumably are genuine. They are pretty similar to the classic B&L aviators, the MAIN difference I can see is that there is a straight-ish edge to the frame by the bridge of the nose, which you can see in the photo below. As they are lost I don't sadly have many other photos nor style numbers etc. If anyone can let me know what they think the style is, what the colour is, and where on earth I can find a replacement, I'd be so very grateful. Thanks.
Hi Banana, they are black chrome aviator air boss, W2616 when they come with grey mirrored lenses, G31 fukl mirror. Air boss is a variation on an existing model, like orbs, sidestreet and in your case, the aviator. There are several on sale, many buy it now. In case you consider, some take offers. Start low! Read well the description, look closely at the pictures. Ask if you have any concern. Looking at the the amount for sale i would suspect a realy auction will cone by sooner or later. One tip, Banana, stay away from vanilla ice and hot chocolate! Enjoy

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 97 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads