• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Oshare

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

aro777

Reaction score
Nice find! If you snap a pic of the numbers inside the shoe it might help determine the original maker. I'm not sure off hand but others know WAY more than me.... I suspect they will clean up well.
Sure, here they are

From left to right:

8 D 13093556 9
C297

I think the 8D is the size but a little suspect, because I wear a 9, and these fit, a little on the tight side (need shoehorn to get foot in) but they fit.

Thanks all!

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score

Not quite vintage but these do appear to be C&J Spectators, although it would be worth validating with an image of the markings on the inside of the shoe. Although the laces are truly unfortunate, these look to be priced well and in very good shape. Not mine... Thought someone would be interested since spectators.

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not quite vintage but these do appear to be C&J Spectators, although it would be worth validating with an image of the markings on the inside of the shoe. Although the laces are truly unfortunate, these look to be priced well and in very good shape. Not mine... Thought someone would be interested since spectators.
I agree, look like C&J to me, I think they are bordering on vintage. Very, very nice. Would absolutely buy if my size.

eTrojan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I'm at 23, though I have three more pair waiting for me when I get back from Europe next week. Two of those are to sell, and I'm selling off a couple of others that I don't love. But if I'm still just getting started, man, my wife might ask me to choose between her or my shoes... don't anybody tell me how to answer, because I know what you'd advise.

When my wife complains about the shoes, I buy a case of expensive wine. I don’t hear about the shoes anymore after that.

hamercha

Reaction score
I have a 5 x 12 wall of Container Store shoeboxes. Almost every one of the 60 boxes has two pairs of shoes in it. There is one entire row of Florsheim LWBs (10 shoes). But there is also one entire row of Converse Chuck Taylors. I have room for nine more pairs of shoes and then I will have to adopt a one-in-one-out rule.

At 23 shoes, you're just getting started. #ThereIsNothingToSellHere

If you do not expand your vintage collection, you know that you wil be able to only find Hush puppies in 10 years! My 00 Cents.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hi Doc:

I wonder where I could get a pair of boots resoled exactly like that?

kilowatts

Check out Brian the bootmaker videos. It looks like he has a similar sole and heel made with his own brand on them.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
8D has to be british 8 which is about 9 in US.

I disagree.
The insole looks more like a US market shoe. And a “D” width is more typical of American width designation.
The English width (fitting) designation would more typically be something like “F” or “G”.

eTrojan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any 9.5 D bros on here? These are Alden shell for BB at $125 BIN (not my listing) 283537682474
View attachment 1208498

It’s more helpful to put the whole eBay link as opposed to just the item number. For those of us who engage mostly via mobile device, the item number alone resolves as a phone number. And, no, I do not want to call 283537682474.

eTrojan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These are very cool. Appear to be shark/calf AE sheltons. Don't believe I have seen a pair of these before. Someone should buy them. Not mine (unfortunately).

Are these calf and shark? Or shell and shark?

Write up is close to 100% bullshit on the link below, but there are shell and shark saddles around. I think there was a model called the Morgan (?) that’s a bit of a unicorn in this regard.

eTrojan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are these calf and shark? Or shell and shark?

Write up is close to 100% bullshit on the link below, but there are shell and shark saddles around. I think there was a model called the Morgan (?) that’s a bit of a unicorn in this regard.

There was a Shelton model in sharkskin and shell, according to the Shell Cordovan Models website.
  • Shelton ends in 21 Sharkskin and shell cordovan black saddle oxford

If someone doesn’t buy those ASAP, Im’a break out a can of whoop ass.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Pretty sure that they are calf though. Nonetheless, they are still very cool.

There was a Shelton model in sharkskin and shell, according to the Shell Cordovan Models website.
  • Shelton ends in 21 Sharkskin and shell cordovan black saddle oxford

If someone doesn’t buy those ASAP, Im’a break out a can of whoop ass.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads