• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow. I missed these from the catalog.

WTF am I looking at?! $405.00 or best offer? I don’t understand, is this some new fad, like donking out your car, but for shoes?! Please, someone explain why anyone would wear these, let alone spend 405 bucks on them.

tocohillsguy

Reaction score
WTF am I looking at?! $405.00 or best offer? I don’t understand, is this some new fad, like donking out your car, but for shoes?! Please, someone explain why anyone would wear these, let alone spend 405 bucks on them.
Shoes that are guaranteed never to need a resole, and you can stand tall and proud; wearing them casually or with a suit!

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shoes that are guaranteed never to need a resole, and you can stand tall and proud; wearing them casually or with a suit!
the-dude.jpg

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good morning, can anyone help me identify these shoes I purchased yesterday? These are easily my most beautiful thrift find in the past year. I can’t wait to flex on my coworkers come
Monday. Thanks. View attachment 1202805 View attachment 1202806 View attachment 1202807 View attachment 1202808
For the first time in a while, I’m stumped. I don’t think they’re anything (Clark’s branded or contract) made by Hanover, they don’t look like anything made by International Shoe, Weyco, etc. They’re not Freeman, French Shriner, and I don’t think they’re Nettleton or Mason. But I could be wrong on all counts.

I’m activating the @davidVC bat signal. Also calling in the preemptive reinforcements of @mreams99 and @smfdoc. Totally stumped.

tocohillsguy

Reaction score
You obviously have no sense of fashion. Surprised someone hasn't jumped on the BuyItNow price. These are obviously the first run of a new Allen Edmonds line that is sure to take the world by storm. I expect to see Baker Mayfield sporting these in the next catalog, and Allen Edmonds sales will soon dwarf those of Nike. However, the run may be short lived because everyone only needs one pair inasmuch as they never need a resole, and go so well with all styles of dress.

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You obviously have no sense of fashion. Surprised someone hasn't jumped on the BuyItNow price. These are obviously the first run of a new Allen Edmonds line that is sure to take the world by storm. I expect to see Baker Mayfield sporting these in the next catalog, and Allen Edmonds sales will soon dwarf those of Nike. However, the run may be short lived because everyone only needs one pair inasmuch as they never need a resole, and go so well with all styles of dress.
You know, with the state of fashion being what it is, your comment totally believable.

However, I still don’t know who Baker Mayfield is, despite Caleres best efforts.

davidVC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For the first time in a while, I’m stumped. I don’t think they’re anything (Clark’s branded or contract) made by Hanover, they don’t look like anything made by International Shoe, Weyco, etc. They’re not Freeman, French Shriner, and I don’t think they’re Nettleton or Mason. But I could be wrong on all counts.

I’m activating the @davidVC bat signal. Also calling in the preemptive reinforcements of @mreams99 and @smfdoc. Totally stumped.

The numbering on the inside of the shoe looks like Mason to me.

Looks like Pedag inserts. If you pull those up, there might be a brand below them.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I’m also stumped. I’m not familiar with the style of code/lettering. The Biltrite heel was used as a replacement heel and I believe was also used by a few manufacturers, like Weyenberg.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know Hanover used that exact same medallion, but the other elements do not match exactly.

View attachment 1202854
I didn’t know Hanover used that medallion. But yeah, other details (including interior numbering/lettering) don’t seem to match.
The numbering on the inside of the shoe looks like Mason to me.

Looks like Pedag inserts. If you pull those up, there might be a brand below them.
I thought they only sorta looked like Mason lettering, but I can’t say I have a lot of experience with Mason’s.

I’m also stumped. I’m not familiar with the style of code/lettering. The Biltrite heel was used as a replacement heel and I believe was also used by a few manufacturers, like Weyenberg.
During their heyday, Weyenberg had their own snazzy heel design:
(1954 NOS Weyenberg Shortwings)
BqkGyVb.jpg

I wonder, can we get some more interior shots, down into the shoe and of the arch area.

tocohillsguy

Reaction score
I know Hanover used that exact same medallion, but the other elements do not match exactly.

View attachment 1202854
I believe Stuart McGuire also used that medallion as well as the stylized "L" font and the same heel toplift. Additionally Stuart McGuire used a nylon welt. I can't tell from the picture if the OP's shoes have a nylon welt, but I suspect they do.

Last edited:

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From my prior post you'll see I'm guessing they are Stuart McGuire.
The details, right down to the use Biltrite heels, seem right. Except, just like their sister Mason brand, the interior lettering doesn’t seem to match.

That said, I put your selection at 80% to be the right answer.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads