• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gorebug

Reaction score
While on the recent camel theme... just thrifted this pair of Dack's Camel loafers (of course just a hair too small for me). Will probably try to reduce that toe-curl a bit with some trees and a wet paper towel - otherwise in pretty nice shape for 50+ year old shoes. At first I wasn't quite sure if the perforations were 'style' or because something was removed - but i think it was likely a design detail.

BCCD3FB8-11AA-4CBD-81C8-0AF4029F62DD_1_105_c.jpeg

439BE34F-2DA9-433D-9195-94CD4477E7AF_1_105_c.jpeg

4A5B2CA1-9B92-49B3-A420-1D0B2E8468B8_1_105_c.jpeg

2BF93456-C962-40B5-BD4C-7711A75B53BF_1_105_c.jpeg

97418402-6B8A-4E11-91FF-096875231BD7_1_105_c.jpeg

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
@Oshare
Not quite the same as the wrights that caught your eye but these just hit ebay and might be better starting point for a similar shoe. Not sure if you have any nettletons but I like the longwing pattern quite a lot. These are going to tempt me so I am hoping that either you or @Quantum17 buy them, haha. Usual disclaimer, not mine, yada yada.

Oshare

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Oshare
Not quite the same as the wrights that caught your eye but these just hit ebay and might be better starting point for a similar shoe. Not sure if you have any nettletons but I like the longwing pattern quite a lot. These are going to tempt me so I am hoping that either you or @Quantum17 buy them, haha. Usual disclaimer, not mine, yada yada.

Thanks, @stook1
I don't have any Nettleton's either, and that pair is definitely in better shape. Hopefully @Quantum17 will pick them up and spare us the temptation.

I'm still keeping the Cordwainers in my watch list. I know they would require work, but they are quit different from anything I have in my collection right now whereas the Nettletons are reasonably similar to Florsheims.

Time for a coffee while I stare at the photos a bit more.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, @stook1
I don't have any Nettleton's either, and that pair is definitely in better shape. Hopefully @Quantum17 will pick them up and spare us the temptation.

I'm still keeping the Cordwainers in my watch list. I know they would require work, but they are quit different from anything I have in my collection right now whereas the Nettletons are reasonably similar to Florsheims.

Time for a coffee while I stare at the photos a bit more.

@Oshare , @stook1 , @Quantum17

Just a friendly reminder of this group's prime directive: If they fit, they ship.

Oshare

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Oshare , @stook1 , @Quantum17

Just a friendly reminder of this group's prime directive: If they fit, they ship.
Did somebody mention Nettleton? :devil:
View attachment 1564740
Oh, I didn't realize we were dropping nettleton pics to work on @Oshare
View attachment 1564741

Lol!
Actually, the Nettletons that @stook1 shared are half a size large for me and he won't ship to Japan.

I do hope to get a pair of Nettletons in the future, though!

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Lol!
Actually, the Nettletons that @stook1 shared are half a size large for me and he won't ship to Japan.

I do hope to get a pair of Nettletons in the future, though!

Ah, my bad. I thought you could wear a 10. You could probably wear my nettletons above, which are a 9.5E and just a bit higher volume than Florsheim in the same size. I'll make sure my wife has your contact info, errrrr... just in case. Otherwise, coincidentally, @CWOyaji will end up getting them out of the shoe pile at Goodwill.

CWOyaji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a 13D and the Aberdeen is the Alden last that fits closest to standard sizing, so I know they'll work. I have other pairs on that last and they are just right for me. No need to size down a half like with Barrie or Van.
68D74362-D12E-4F3B-85BB-E0D4C425FFE0.jpeg

Last edited:

Oshare

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah, my bad. I thought you could wear a 10. You could probably wear my nettletons above, which are a 9.5E and just a bit higher volume than Florsheim in the same size. I'll make sure my wife has your contact info, errrrr... just in case. Otherwise, coincidentally, @CWOyaji will end up getting them out of the shoe pile at Goodwill.

My best fitting size is 9.5E.

10D can work, although they tend to be a bit long and I can sometimes get slippage in the heel area especially with high volume shoes so need to use insoles from time to time. These days I only go for size 10 if they are unicorns or grail shoes.

barutanseijin

Reaction score
I'm a 13D and the Aberdeen last is the Alden last that fits closest to standard sizing, so I know they'll work. I have other pairs on that last and they are just right for me. No need to size down a half like with Barrie or Van.
View attachment 1564752

Some people go with their Van size in Aberdeen. I don’t have much room to spare in a Van 13 D & can wear them only with the thinnest socks. I probably need at least a 13.5 in Aberdeen, so i watched those 6845 from the sidelines. Enjoy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads