• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Short wing Monday. These are Royal Tweed by Cheaney. Bought on eBay for super cheap as seller couldn’t figure out size or brand.

Recrafted with JR soles and cat paw heels for many more years of service.

8FA1A65C-2B47-4E87-9D76-B9317E490D24.jpeg

1172C029-0365-4BA1-A663-7DE095B8B60A.jpeg

ADA4DBCB-1570-4C81-858E-5331C668DBE4.jpeg

Last edited:

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I sometimes forget that we get new people on the thread with regular basis and there is a slight chance they do not go back and review all 969 pages to receive the collective wisdom of the thread. With this in mind, I am posting a video that helps explain all of the attention shell cordovan shoes get on this and many other shoe threads. It's expensive stuff! Why? It is a small part of the horse, takes 6 months to tan compared to 3 months for calf and there are just not as many horses as there was 100 years ago. So I am posting this video that shows some of the process. I am certain it is somewhere in this thread already, but that is likely 100s and 100s and 100s of page back. Enjoy. I know I did watching it again as I always notice something new.

Paul902

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Size 13 A bros, heads-up:
View attachment 1091075

Short wing Monday. These are Royal Tweed by Cheaney. Bought on eBay for super cheap as seller couldn’t figure out size or brand.

Recrafted with JR soles and cat paw heels for many more years of service.

View attachment 1091196

View attachment 1091197

View attachment 1091198

For Short Wing Monday, from London in the 70’s comes the Langton by Alan McAfee. Thrifted for the price of a pint of warm beer.
View attachment 1091221

Love, love, love!

eTrojan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today our university hosted a multi-agency active shooter drill. Campus police, city police and city fire worked together in a tactical field training. My communications team was responsible for updating the university community on situation updates via web, sms and social.

I chose vintage Florsheim shortwings over Church’s Chetwynds, AE Macallisters, and some random AE spectators (Broadstreets, Hinsdales, Empire).

3F35AAF0-8541-4CB5-956B-4571D2520708.jpeg

instigateur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn't wear them today, but Florsheim short wings with candy cane laces from last week.

IMG_20181214_090915.jpg

Shoonoob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's always a welcome refresher. Especially since I wanted free shipping on the AE striped laces so I grabbed a pair of brown shell Park Aves to get me over the limit.
One day they will be vintage and someone will be happy that I kept them in such great shape for my children to throw them in the Goodwill bin.
I have a serious problem.

Paul902

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Jiqea you might need to be nicknamed NOSMan! Two things strike me about these - interesting how on both these and the ones I found the rear quarters and the eyelet piece meet just above the sole. Is this a Dack design DNA? Also, isn't the 4/3 nail pattern the same as the black cap toes you went home with?

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That's always a welcome refresher. Especially since I wanted free shipping on the AE striped laces so I grabbed a pair of brown shell Park Aves to get me over the limit.
One day they will be vintage and someone will be happy that I kept them in such great shape for my children to throw them in the Goodwill bin.
I have a serious problem.

You are my kind of guy. Buying a pair of brand new shell Park Avenue to avoid paying five dollars in shipping fees.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You are my kind of guy. Buying a pair of brand new shell Park Avenue to avoid paying five dollars in shipping fees.

You beat me to the punch. I like @Shoonoob 's style.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not to sound morbid, but what does everyone plan to do when you are no longer here? Have your kids take shoes to thrift stores? Gift them to this group?

My will indicates shoes are to be collected and sent for appraisal and then sell if worth something. If not, disposed as my children/wife see fit.

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel like there's a meme brewing here.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads