• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CWOyaji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Couple of thrift finds that cleaned up nicely - down to trade with active thread members for cool comparable value shoes in 13D before these go up on the Bay tomorrow night...
Alden 907 Captoe Oxfords 12 C/E
fullsizeoutput_cac.jpeg

Pre 1973 Florsheim? [EDIT: apparently not, need help ID’ing] Longwings. If so they're at least that old due to the v-cleat's position at the heel edge. 8 1/2D
fullsizeoutput_cae.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_caf.jpeg

Gold flecks at bottom I believed to be from a 60's era circular Florsheim heel bed stamp, now not sure so please opine if you know.
fullsizeoutput_cb0.jpeg
Anybody know the maker?
fullsizeoutput_cb3.jpeg

Last edited:

cc808314

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A question for the owners of Florsheim Stratford 97606. How is the sizing on this mode? How does it compare to 93602, in terms of sizing?

Thank you

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There is a new installment at the vcleat.com blog. Drop by to see what @davidVC is featuring this time. Hint, its old and rare.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There was some surprise that Allen Edmonds made shoes out of shark, when the Sheltons were posted a few days ago. Here is another little shark gem. The Warton from 1985.

Screen Shot 2018-03-24 at 9.26.41 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-03-24 at 9.27.03 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-03-24 at 9.26.53 PM.png

actionjbone

Reaction score
There is a new installment at the vcleat.com blog. Drop by to see what @davidVC is featuring this time. Hint, its old and rare.
Did he (finally) buy those red $10,000 shoes on his wishlist????

mormonopoly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Couple of thrift finds that cleaned up nicely - down to trade with active thread members for cool comparable value shoes in 13D before these go up on the Bay tomorrow night...
Alden 907 Captoe Oxfords 12 C/E
View attachment 946823
Pre 1973 Florsheim Longwings - they're at least that old due to the v-cleat's position at the heel edge. 8 1/2D
View attachment 946828
View attachment 946829
Gold flecks at bottom I believe to be from a 60's era circular Florsheim heel bed stamp
View attachment 946830
These match 60's numbering stamps shown on cleat.com guide to vintage Florsheim
View attachment 946831

I’m not sure those are Florsheim. That’s not a Florsheim nail/cleat pattern on the heel, and Florsheim generally used a 5 digit model number and a 2 digit date code, neither of which I see here.

actionjbone

Reaction score
I’m not sure those are Florsheim. That’s not a Florsheim nail/cleat pattern on the heel, and Florsheim generally used a 5 digit model number and a 2 digit date code, neither of which I see here.
It also doesn't look like a Florsheim cut. The wingtip's center point is too short, and there's no pinking on the tongue.

I've seen gold-ink heel bed logos from other brands, too.

CWOyaji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It also doesn't look like a Florsheim cut.

I've seen gold-ink heel bed logos from other brands, too.
Any guidance or guesses are welcome - I’m open minded. Last pair I had that I wasn’t 100% sure about, I listed as ‘unknown maker’ and the buyer researched them. They turned out to be French Shriners from the 60’s, and were in great condition like these. It’s amazing how long these shoes can last.

Last edited:

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any guidance or guesses are welcome - I’m open minded. Last pair I had that I wasn’t 100% sure about, I listed as ‘unknown maker’ and the buyer researched them. They turned out to be French Shriners from the 60’s, and were in great condition like these. It’s amazing how long these shoes can last.

Following.

Vintage made shoes, especially US brands, were extremely well made. I wish modern day shoes could be like that.

Even modern day AE is not what it used to be. I believe they are only assembled in USA and most work done at their Dominican Republic factory.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Following.

Vintage made shoes, especially US brands, were extremely well made. I wish modern day shoes could be like that.

Even modern day AE is not what it used to be. I believe they are only assembled in USA and most work done at their Dominican Republic factory.
Most of their main line stuff are done in USA. They have several lines, especially their trendy stuff, done in the DR.
Some of their clicking is DR, but the shell and higher end calf is USA... for now

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These Dr. Martens are over 10 years old and still in pristine condition. My mom bought these for me when I first joined the workforce. She said it's always handy to have a well made pair of boots.

One of the last pairs made at the original Northampton factory in UK.

IMG_20180325_123322.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics