• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're duty bound to buy them. Offer 150. He picked them up from an estate sale for pennies.
I saw that. He grabbed these, a pair of Alden loafers, and two pairs of vintage AR for $170 total.

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
is this a good deal?
Someone on the Facebook Allen Edmonds page is selling Alden NST for $185 plus shipping. The uppers look good. The soles are worn but not too bad. I don’t own any Aldens. So I’m sort of tempted. View attachment 1430939 View attachment 1430940 View attachment 1430941 View attachment 1430942 View attachment 1430943
Yeah; if they're in as good shape as they look, it's a great deal. These are ~$800 new, and these don't look to have too much mileage on them (and Aberdeen fits TTS, so, if you're a 9D, these should fit you great).

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This week I'm wearing these 1940's Winthrop spectators. I got these for $15 a few years ago on eBay. The seller had titled the listing as "funky 70s shoes"
View attachment 1430913 View attachment 1430914 View attachment 1430915 View attachment 1430916
Funky 70’s shoes? The only place those masterpieces were being worn, during the 70’s, was possibly on the set of the lugubrious and odious 1974 version of the Great Gatsby (the only good thing about that dismally miscast drag was Ralph Lauren’s beautiful, if highly inaccurate, menswear).

[IMHO RANT]
Why am I hating on 1974 version? Because I watched it again, the other night, and I was shocked at just how utterly terrible it continues to be. Some movies from that era, have gotten better. Not this one. Robert Redford is wooden and unapproachable as Gatsby; Redford really isn’t a particularly good actor, IMHO - had Paul Newman been just a few years younger, he’d have been a much better choice. As for the rest, Mia Farrow’s performance is so utterly ridiculous it’s actually painful to watch; Sam Waterston phones in a totally forgettable performance; and Bruce Dern, who is a terrific actor when cast correctly, drones in a midwestern accent that no member of high society would ever have felt was acceptable (Joel Edgerton, in contrast, nailed Tom Buchanan in the 2013 version).

Honestly, I hate the 74 version so freakin much, at least 2013 version was amusing (if very flawed). But those clothes in the 74 version, they are beautiful.
[/IMHO RANT]

Nealjpage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NOS Crown Aristocraft. Tassel loafer is the best loafer. Not my listing.

Screenshot_20200726-154807_eBay.jpg

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah; if they're in as good shape as they look, it's a great deal. These are ~$800 new, and these don't look to have too much mileage on them (and Aberdeen fits TTS, so, if you're a 9D, these should fit you great).
Thanks. They sold. Darn.

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

eTrojan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think this qualifies as being almost a good idea.

(Edit: You know, like drive through liquor stores.)

Don’t knock drive-thru liquor stores. They have their place. It really simplifies the process of picking up a 12-pack of Coors Light and a pint of Jack on a New Mexico Saturday night.

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, my guess would be a metal-link elastic, like those Speidel makes. But that’s just a guess.

I’ll also say that, while past the time period of most of the watches I work on (e.g ~1880-1930), the Accutron movement is considered pretty collectible; an interesting direct predecessor to quartz movements. That said, while they don’t have as many moving parts as a fully mechanical movement, they do need servicing.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well, my guess would be a metal-link elastic, like those Speidel makes. But that’s just a guess.

I’ll also say that, while past the time period of most of the watches I work on (e.g ~1880-1930), the Accutron movement is considered pretty collectible; an interesting direct predecessor to quartz movements. That said, while they don’t have as many moving parts as a fully mechanical movement, they do need servicing.
Worth noting that due to modern batteries, it's unlikely even after a service you'll get the 1min per month accuracy when they were new.
I was told my 5 min per month is pretty reasonable.
A couple years ago these guys were the recommended servicers; average watch guys aren't recommend

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don’t knock drive-thru liquor stores. They have their place. It really simplifies the process of picking up a 12-pack of Coors Light and a pint of Jack on a New Mexico Saturday night.
O0kXdDS.jpg

I feel like you really should have to walk into the store, if for no other reason than to prove that you can.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads