• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Video Games

Odd Morsel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Mother 3 translation is really really close. Probably less than 3 months. All the translating is pretty much done and same with major hacking. Just little glitches, testing, and small things left. Apparently, they already have 28,000 people on an email list for the patch, and expect about 35,000 by the time the patch is released. They're expecting 50,000 downloads the first week, which is nuts considering earthbound i think only sold 40,000 the first year.

Very much looking forward to this. I was such a big fan of Earthbound that I replayed it on a Dell Axim PDA during lunch breaks at a previous job.

On the LIVE front, I'm in love with Braid. But hearing some of critics calling it "the best game they've ever played" is just craziness. BC: Rearmed is sexy and is still wicked fun to this day.

mljones99

Reaction score
I really need to finish Metal Gear Solid 4... I have 1 chapter left and haven't played it in a month.

sleekblackroadster

Reaction score
i haven't felt like i've had a really epic experience since oblivion and even that could have been more epic imo.

i guess because i haven't played a good rpg. i played ff12 on ps2 but didn't get into it i thought it was pretty overrated really.

i got into gta iv a bit when it first came out but after going through the story i just got bored there isn't much to do imo. i still hope they expand this kind of game much further in the future because the repetetive assassination and chase missions get old. i think something like this could be a masterpiece with tons of rpg elements and the ability to go to far more places and enter all the buildings and talk to more people to build relationships with for things other than the basic stuff they have you do in this gta. i dunno i haven't played it at all since i beat it. no desire to go search for pigeons and they even took out a lot of the fun of just playing to rampage around. they got a lot of things right but its amazing how little content there is aside from the linear story. i won't bother with the next one unless they really start to ramp things up. they have the new graphics and physics 'platform' but they need so much more! and christ i bet its a lot to do with the damn xbox dvd issue.. with a blu ray there could be so much more **** crammed in the game.

metal gear was pretty impressive to me so far but its hard to get enough time to sit through all those cutscenes and stuff. i also haven't played that in over a month and i'm stuck near the end on the mantis boss. everytime i go to play it i spend a half hour or an hour just trying to figure out what the hell i need to be doing and since i have no rations or anything its hard. i am debating just looking up how to beat him because i can't figure it out.

i just picked up madden 09 yesterday and need to spend some time with it.

now i just hope mercenaries 2 will be impressive. more impressive than gta i hope. and fallout 3 is another i'm looking forward to. it scares me to hear that the game world is so much smaller than oblivion tho. i always want more bigger everything with games and most developers are going to opposite direction for the sake of more detail.

i dunno maybe i'm just getting to old and expecting too much. but when i was younger my visions on what games would be were more inclined towards giantic games you could spend forever on. game companies want you to be done with the game quickly so you can go buy another one and they are speding so much $ and putting so many people to work on these modern games they have to keep them short and small. its a conflict of interest i guess but i am overall unhappy with gaming and will probably grow out of it entirely unless things start to change.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Do you like RPGs? Dragon Quest VIII for PS2 was really long (60-110 hours but it took me about 85) depending on how much you do. Lots of sidequests, really huge epic world map to explore. Simple story, but enjoyable nonethless. Battle system is straight forward and time tested. And it's a very well polished game. If you're a fan of more classic rpgs, you'll probably like it, but it's definitely not for the mmorpg or angsty rpg (ffvii, ffviii, xenogear/saga, and some other newer ones).

keikun13

Reaction score
Currently playing Team Fortress 2, Counter-Strike Source (for zombie mod), America's Army, and replaying Max Payne 1 & 2.

clarity

Reaction score
how has tf2 been?

I quit when the medic update came out because it was horrible on public servers.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone recommend me an Xbox 360 game that has online play that is as good or better than Halo 3. I want to start shooting people on another game.
smile.gif

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
Someone recommend me an Xbox 360 game that has online play that is as good or better than Halo 3. I want to start shooting people on another game.
smile.gif

CALL OF DUTY 4!!!!!!1!

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Call Of Duty 4~!!!!

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonick
CALL OF DUTY 4!!!!!!1!
Originally Posted by Johnny_5
Call Of Duty 4~!!!!
Okay I'll give it a try. I hate the fact that my brother kicks ass at shooting games. I can never beat him on Halo 3 and he claims to be even better at Call of Duty 4. I think I'm pretty much screwed no matter what game I buy.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
Okay I'll give it a try.

I hate the fact that my brother kicks ass at shooting games. I can never beat him on Halo 3 and he claims to be even better at Call of Duty 4. I think I'm pretty much screwed no matter what game I buy.

If you get the jump on someone in CoD4, skill doesn't really matter. In Halo, people can whip around and destroy you. In COD4, you'll take em out no problem.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
If you get the jump on someone in CoD4, skill doesn't really matter. In Halo, people can whip around and destroy you. In COD4, you'll take em out no problem.

There's a video on Youtube of some dude playing Guardian. He's running down the bottom shaft and he's got this guy in his shotgun sights. The guy is facing away from him, but as the dude approaches, his victim jumps backwards and onto the railing, does a 720 spin, lands behind his assailant and clubs him in the back of the head.

Next. Level. ****.

Sable

Reaction score
was looking forward to infinie undiscovery...

...than found it only clocks in at around 15-20 hours

hopefully the game/story/etc. will still be epic

square enix has been f*cking up lately....im starting to think theyre content laying on their laurels and just using the SE name to sell their games

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads