• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Viberg for Styleforummarket makeup: Wax flesh Service Boot

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am just waiting to here back from Fok. I know he mentioned he was going to discuss a few points with Guy and then provide some guidance

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you guys will love wax flesh, unbelievable leather. My Viberg country boots on 2040 last with commando sole.

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guy is at a tradeshow in NYC this week, but we are talking next week, and I'll be sure to get back to you then. I think that the last is the main thing that we need to decide. We will also ask other questions, but we will not deviate too much from the original plan all too much.

Cheers,

Fok.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, I spoke with @guyferguson , and this is what I got:

1) He strongly recommends that 2045 last with an unconstructed toe. The pronounced toe comes from all the pictures on the net of things on the 2045 last having a constructed toe. The 2045 last has the same toe shape as the 110, but there is more shape through the ankle and the midfoot. This is, in his opinion, much better than the 110 for casual wear. The 110 is specifically build for a workboot, which is very different from schlepping around. The 2045 last is a Munson last, which, for our purposes, means that there is more roundedness on the outside of the foot. No one has done a unconstructed toe 2045 service boot yet, but he sent me some pictures of the unconstructed toe 2045 last on a derby. Check out the pictures below. Guy also said that future makes of the Boondocker will probably be on the 2045 last, so it seems like it is the gold standard, going forward.

2) Because of the way the eyelet machines are set, doing speedhooks instead would require retooling the machine, so we are not going to make that an option.

3) Brown wax flesh is awesome.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics