1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Viberg for Styleforummarket makeup: Wax flesh Service Boot

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jan 17, 2014.

1. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

2. kennyx

kennyx Member

Count me in for the 2045 last.

3. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

2045 for me. I am concerned the 110 is too rounded/wide a look for me

4. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

I would be fine with speed hooks should that be the popular opinion

5. misterjuiceman

misterjuiceman Senior member

I think speed hooks kind of hurt the look of the boot. Definitely prefer no speed hooks.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
  6. LA Guy

All boots get that upturned look with wear unless you tree them. That's what nearly all the "distressed" boots have that look. When you get them, they will have a gentle curve in the sole, like all boots, but the upturn just naturally comes since your foot moves that way when you walk. This is not unique to Viberg, the last, etc...

7. misterjuiceman

misterjuiceman Senior member

I don't mean the gentle curve in the sole---I mean the upturned toe box in something like this:
    [​IMG]
    I wasn't sure if that was from the toe being structured (of course it helps). I haven't been able to find any pictures of the 2045 last with an unstructured toe box.

8. rolling green

rolling green Senior member

I'm in. Preferably for the 110 but will probably cave for the 2045. Does anyone have pics or info on the 2045. My experience with te 110 on a service boot style is good. Not rounded at all as seen from some chukka styles.
    Before purchasing the original viberg boondockers I was close to going the MTO route as I was skeptical of the 110 but Morgan talked me out of it. In his words the "boondocker" is perfect in everyway and viberg has no plans to change it. It's a lot sleeker when combined with the unstructuredtoe. [​IMG]

9. Michael Haines

Michael Haines Senior member

10. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

Would luv to have them 6" tall
    w/ 10 sets of brass eyelets

11. onehotchili

onehotchili Senior member

I love my Alden Trubalance 403's in a size 9D. What last and size would be the equivalent in Viberg? I am not familiar with the 2045 or 110 lasts since I am new to Viberg. Either way, I am very interested in this make up and if I can figure out the size/last thing I think I would be in....

12. LA Guy

I personally really like the 110 last, but that's neither here nor there.

This is one picture of a boot on the 2045 last:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I believe that this is a "partially" structured toe, which means that it has a light structure that can be crumpled, but will spring back.

The 110 last has a similar, slightly more rounded toe, but it has is high through the midfoot, with makes for a more gradual transition to the toe. I think that both lasts would work for the proposed boot, but we do have to agree to one last.

13. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

2030 and 2045 would be a 9. 110 I am not sure but would guess 8.5

14. rolling green

Really surprised how narrow the 2045 looks. Fok is it possible to do both the 110 and 2045 if we gather at least 4 people for each last? As far as the true balance 110 comparison I wore a 7.5e in the trubalance last and size 7(uk/viberg) in the 110 last. I don't know if my pinky toe can do the 2045.

15. LA Guy

I will go with one model to begin with. This from experience in how these things often pan out.

16. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

That is an awesome looking boot.

17. meso

meso Senior member

2045 looks more like an Alden boot, which is a different look, but I also like.

18. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

The shape if it doesn't look Alden to me. I guess the closest of Alden's last would be the Modified? Based on the shape of the toe. The 2030 is much closer to an Alden.

I believe Guy said recently a ton of work has been going in to a new boot last. I am very curious to see the results

19. rolling green

so what is everyone's last preference. Maybe Fok can put up a poll soon as there seems to be interest in making these. I say we keep it exactly the same as the one pictured minus the speed hooks. If it ain't broke.... If we decide to go 2045 I might wait until we can do a 110 version the 2045 shape just doesn't do it for me

20. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Preference so far looks like 2045 but we will see