• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

InternetTears

Reaction score
Instead of the smooth look of aged bark, this one has some linear scars peculiar to the animal .. TBH, I love this particular leather on 2030 and ridgeway.
Ridgeway is hard to source apparently. Asked some cobblers and they don’t even have it as an option to resole because they can’t get it.

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ridgeway is hard to source apparently. Asked some cobblers and they don’t even have it as an option to resole because they can’t get it.

I think all Dainite soles have to be ordered in large quantities (B2B) directly from Dainite. I tried to get a set of the Dainite Medway for a resole one time and it wasn't able to.

http://www.dainite.com/dainiteproducts.html

InternetTears

Reaction score
I think all Dainite soles have to be ordered in large quantities (B2B) directly from Dainite. I tried to get a set of the Dainite Medway for a resole one time and it wasn't able to.

http://www.dainite.com/dainiteproducts.html
Makes sense, I guess that’s why most resoles have the vibram Dainite variant. Good thing Dainite isn’t so special; I do like it though. Will prob be sending my ridgeway boots to the maker anyway.

Jerkstore

Reaction score
Ridgeway is where it's at. I switched my MTO tobacco chamois service boot from commando to ridgeway. Can't wait to get them in.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Instead of the smooth look of aged bark, this one has some linear scars peculiar to the animal .. TBH, I love this particular leather on 2030 and ridgeway.
Ah got it. Yeah, when it's time for a resole I'm leaning toward Ridgeway

leephil

Reaction score
Been looking for a super basic, brown CXL makeup for business caz and was thinking about picking up the core model but stumbled upon another makeup just recently with a few subtle updates that I really dig! New model (top) vs. core (bottom)

Squizzy3k

Reaction score
Been looking for a super basic, brown CXL makeup for business caz and was thinking about picking up the core model but stumbled upon another makeup just recently with a few subtle updates that I really dig! New model (top) vs. core (bottom)
View attachment 1274787 View attachment 1274788
Not sure if I like the antique midsole on the new. Like the contrast of the natural midsole.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Makes sense, I guess that’s why most resoles have the vibram Dainite variant. Good thing Dainite isn’t so special; I do like it though. Will prob be sending my ridgeway boots to the maker anyway.
Anyone know a source for small quantity orders of this sole and heel (Eton) I've checked most of the small retail suppliers and no one seems to stock them.

Andrew Carkhuff

Reaction score
View attachment 1274787 View attachment 1274788

If you’re getting them for business casual purposes, the newer less contrasty ones are probably the better option.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads