• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Coolhand0302

Reaction score
Those things get around!

You have no idea. They’re currently living their best life in Kathmandu, Nepal…🇳🇵

I miss those but these are a nice replacement
I’m sensing a trend! The rest of us out here grinding, and you got the 145 mini-ripple cheat code lol!

My S&S 145s should finally make it here today, but I’m a fan of Vibram 705, so we’ll see if I follow your lead for those (which look amazing btw!!)

Last edited:

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You have no idea. Currently living their best life in Kathmandu, Nepal…

I’m sensing a trend! The rest of us out here grinding, and you got the 145 mini-ripple cheat code lol!

My S&S 145s should finally make it here today, but I’m a fan of Vibram 705, so we’ll see if I follow your lead for those (which look amazing btw!!)
Yea I had a miniripple thing for a while 🫣

Coolhand0302

Reaction score
More Boot-shoe Week: Saddle Tan Chromepak 145 Oxfords on 110 on Vibram 700/705…

4E684461-FDB7-4C54-96A9-D7D82C4FA3CD.jpeg

brandonboot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My salvia sego 2030’s have shipped… I’d like to also see the Marrone color as well… if anybody here has bought the marrone butts feel free to post pictures and I’ll do the same

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New to the Viberg game...

I've been wearing primarily Alden and Rancourt for years but always liked the simple, utilitarian, look of the Viberg service boot though I had never tried them because I recall reading that some folks had sizing issues (but this was quite a while back) and I never had occasion to be somewhere that I could try them on in person.

A couple weeks ago I got an email about a Viberg closeout from Standard & Strange and liked a couple of the styles that were on offer. The discount seemed pretty good and I had a store credit and a coupon code burning a hole in my pocket so I decided to take the plunge on a pair of 2040s in the "Saddle" tan chromepak and am glad I did.

3B150611-7342-4CB1-A1B9-FF866062D1C9.jpeg
FB1A9111-CE61-40D8-B424-2865F3AAE098.jpeg

I have wide feet and went with my typical Alden Barrie/Truebalance size and these fit perfectly and are so comfortable right out of the box. I am not in the market for any more boots for now but I think I'll definitely be keeping my eyes open for another good deal, particularly if I find something in one of the roughout suedes.

Trim Man

Reaction score

I've been wearing primarily Alden and Rancourt for years but always liked the simple, utilitarian, look of the Viberg service boot though I had never tried them because I recall reading that some folks had sizing issues (but this was quite a while back) and I never had occasion to be somewhere that I could try them on in person.

A couple weeks ago I got an email about a Viberg closeout from Standard & Strange and liked a couple of the styles that were on offer. The discount seemed pretty good and I had a store credit and a coupon code burning a hole in my pocket so I decided to take the plunge on a pair of 2040s in the "Saddle" tan chromepak and am glad I did.

View attachment 1837966 View attachment 1837967

I have wide feet and went with my typical Alden Barrie/Truebalance size and these fit perfectly and are so comfortable right out of the box. I am not in the market for any more boots for now but I think I'll definitely be keeping my eyes open for another good deal, particularly if I find something in one of the roughout suedes.
Welcome to the club! That's a great pair of boots. Enjoy!

brandonboot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1837966 View attachment 1837967

That is a great pair.. I’ve been yearning for a plain toe berg for a quite some time now. Also thanks for supporting sf… I’m sure @LA Guy appreciates it :)

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is a great pair.. I’ve been yearning for a plain toe berg for a quite some time now. Also thanks for supporting sf… I’m sure @LA Guy appreciates it :)
I do, I really do. And Standard and Strange are good people as well, so it's good vibes all around!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics