• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Henry S

Reaction score
It's not short, the 2030 is considered an elongated last, You should be excess space in the toe. In the 110, less so, though never should your toes touch the end even as you walk, unless you hate having toenails.

That said, yes, the 110 is much better for higher volume feet, or those who just like a higher volume shoe. Personally , of all my Vibergs. my double midsole custom pair in the 110 last gets by far the most wear. I also like a chunky streetwear look, but even in comfort alone, it stands, for me, head and shoulders above.
I'm not very familiar with Viberg.
I can't find last 110 on their last guide, did they stop making them? Or do they have a successor?
May you recommend lasts that are recommend for higher volume feet?

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not very familiar with Viberg.
I can't find last 110 on their last guide, did they stop making them? Or do they have a successor?
May you recommend lasts that are recommend for higher volume feet?
The 110 is sort of dead. The past few years its really only been brought back out for special releases. The 145s were originally made on the 110 so the last was brought back for their re-release after they were discontinued a few years back. Its the widest heritage last. If you are higher volume - depending on your width - 310, 1035 and 2030EE may work out for you at .5 down from brannock.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you.
I'm D width, does it change your recommendation?
high volume D I would still try these and just see if you like them. 2045 and 2055 may be options for you too

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you.
I'm D width, does it change your recommendation?
I’m Brannock D width as well.
2030 is best suited for that and has also gotten slightly larger over the years and feels somewhere in between D and E now.

more or less this is how popular viberg lasts fall:

C - 2020
C/D - 2050
D - 2030
E - 1035, 2040, 2045, 2055
EE - 110

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m Brannock D width as well.
2030 is best suited for that and has also gotten slightly larger over the years and feels somewhere in between D and E now.

more or less this is how popular viberg lasts fall:

C - 2020
C/D - 2050
D - 2030
E - 1035, 2040, 2045, 2055
EE - 110
Gotta disagree.

I've found 2050 to be a little narrower at the ball than 2020.

2030, 2040, 310, and 1035 are all roughly even at the ball, they just have more or less volume. Brannock alpha codes are for flat ball width only.

Henry S

Reaction score
Thank you all for your recommendations.

Have you tried 2030? It's pretty high volume already, except at the toes.
I don't live near any Viberg's stockist.
It's either taking my chances ordering online or waiting for my next trip.

brandonboot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wasn’t the consensus that the new 230 lasts got smaller then the old one?

btw black hb from w&f already arrived. Gonna post when I get them

brandonboot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who's got this '230' last you keep talking about?
I already asked the question above… is the 230 last viberg produces now different then the “old” 230 last and if so how? Bigger or smaller? I swear I’ve seen people here hint that the 230 is different now then it used to be?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads