• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

CMT1

Reaction score
My man -- they look fantastic. As you probably recall since you helped me out with them a few years back, I have a pair of Amaretto Carminas. Mine have a lot more wear and started out a bit lighter than your vibergs. Your pair will begin to take on some reddish brown rusty undertones in not too much time -- hard to photograph. I also have an amaretto watch strap which looks pretty much like any other heavily worn shell ?, ie. you'd never know it was amaretto, but that's a different thing altogether.

Thanks Z! Your Carminas definitely put me onto the amaretto 2020s as about as close as I would ever come, color-wise, to getting a pair of the OG brandy shells. The color is realistically what I expected. They just need wear, something that's been hard to come by these past 2021 months due to either WFH or summer months where I'm in loafers/handsewns/etc.

Like today where I didn't want to deal with shoe choice and went NatCXL slipper. It's a perfect option when you can't be bothered to even try. :cool:

S7gfJCq.jpg

dgfWoOM.jpg

I hope everyone has a great weekend, as always!

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Were these awful to break in? Wearing my for the dome and never had such a rough time with breaking in Vibergs before. Midsole seems inordinately hard/inflexible.

Trying to determine if my feet have gotten weak from the WFH life, or if there was something goofy with this batch.

Not an issue for me. I mean, they certainly feel better once broken in but not different from any other shoe really. These are horween, by the way, and I think from early/mid 2019 but I am not 100% certain on that since I bought them on the secondary market nearly new in early 2020.

WeatheredHide

Reaction score
As promised here are some better pics of the Dark Rubber Dublin workshoes. Couple of minor nicks and scuffs but I'm not too concerned since it's Dublin and I otherwise dig the variation on this pair

View attachment 1694339 View attachment 1694340

Holy moly, those are gorgeous. I haven't received my shipping notice yet, but I'm looking forward to them, whenever they get here. Wow.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wawaweewah! Much joy when I receive mine next year View attachment 1694362

Not sure what I did to get on Viberg's good side for order shipping priority. I checked my emails and I didn't order these the day they launched. The same thing happened with the Color 4 shinki preorder...that are still being remade due to the perforations looking like a mortared battlefield

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads