• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmm I think it’s just the same washed horsehide but that cut just doesn’t have the striations. Viberg has used tan and burgundy washed horsehide before that looks similar.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmm I think it’s just the same washed horsehide but that cut just doesn’t have the striations. Viberg has used tan and burgundy washed horsehide before that looks similar.
That could be too. I just want a dang horsehide halkett. I got confirmation there will be some, but no real ETAs for em. I bet that we'll get a halkett as the wildcard for this month's shell release though as we had the bastion for the natty run.

Calvin as in CALVIN

Reaction score
Does anyone have the bitter chocolate halkett and can comment on sizing and fit of the 2030D compared to the 2030E? I really want a pair but the D width is telling me no.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have the bitter chocolate halkett and can comment on sizing and fit of the 2030D compared to the 2030E? I really want a pair but the D width is telling me no.
Oh that does say 2030D. That's gotta be a typo, I don't think Vibergs doing any non preorders for variable widths yet. It should be 2020D and the silhouette of it matches the other 2020 halketts. The only 2030 halkett is the eco veg fallow one and its 2030E and you can see that one has a less pointy toe box unlike the other

Calvin as in CALVIN

Reaction score
Oh that does say 2030D. That's gotta be a typo, I don't think Vibergs doing any non preorders for variable widths yet. It should be 2020D and the silhouette of it matches the other 2020 halketts. The only 2030 halkett is the eco veg fallow one and its 2030E and you can see that one has a less pointy toe box unlike the other
thanks for clarifying that 👍🏼

Reaction score
Just for curiosity sake...y'all have some serious collections of vibergs from diff leathers/tanneries. Which one is your all time fave boot in terms of patina in your collection? Is it veg tanned or chrome/veg combo tanned?
I started to collect boots at a pretty fast pace and I have no idea how they'll all patina. Lmk what ur thoughts are !

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just for curiosity sake...y'all have some serious collections of vibergs from diff leathers/tanneries. Which one is your all time fave boot in terms of patina in your collection? Is it veg tanned or chrome/veg combo tanned?
I started to collect boots at a pretty fast pace and I have no idea how they'll all patina. Lmk what ur thoughts are !
Generally speaking Veg tans age more than a chrome tan, but there are so many factors involved. Your personal use, pigment vs aniline dye, the starting color, fat/oil/wax content, etc. will all play a role. A natty cxl berg is always a safe hot ticket to patina eden. If they ever run unglazed natty shell again then you have your first class warp speed ticket on offer too.

A lighter color veg tan with aniline dye is always going to exceedingly well in the patina realm, but you have to wear it. Those of us with larger collections tend to miss out on the best of patina as we have too many pairs in rotation.

Jimk4003

Reaction score
Patina takes many forms! I like natural veg tan for the way it darkens over time, and I like the way waxed flesh shows all its knocks and scrapes. A well worn pair of rough-outs or suedes with lots of indigo crocking can look cool too, and CXL can look good provided it's worn fairly hard and people don't make the mistake of over conditioning it.

Ultimately, all patina that's been earned through use looks good to me.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")

Results are only viewable after voting.