• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

misterjuiceman

Reaction score
These are both the new Derby, but they are on different lasts. The one at the show is on the 2045 last which is a wider, Munson style last with a bump in the toe, while the derby being worn is on the 2030.
Hey Guy, I'm wondering how far will the 2045 last go down in size. My SO is a 3.5 in the 9220, and she'd love to buy another pair of your boots. Is it possible to get a boot in 2045 that would fit her?

scottcw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

These are both the new Derby, but they are on different lasts. The one at the show is on the 2045 last which is a wider, Munson style last with a bump in the toe, while the derby being worn is on the 2030.

Hope the production model is the 2030.

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd like to know what's special about Guidi leather as well. I've liked the looks of the Guidi leather on the boots/shoes I've seen, if not the style on all of them. The prices on them is insane! Is it just a cult thing or is there something very special about the quality, tanning process, etc.?

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another question is what is "black rubber bonded leather" and what is the purpose/advantages of this material/leather? Viberg showed some samples at Liberty with this material.

misterjuiceman

Reaction score
I'd like to know what's special about Guidi leather as well. I've liked the looks of the Guidi leather on the boots/shoes I've seen, if not the style on all of them. The prices on them is insane! Is it just a cult thing or is there something very special about the quality, tanning process, etc.?
I don't think you can really compare Guidi's leather to conventional leathers. If you look to Guidi for cordovan expecting something in a similar vein to Horween's, you'll be sorely disappointed. Guidi's leathers fill an aesthetic niche, and discussions of quality are very different from that of other tanneries' leathers.

Guidi's leathers aren't ones that you'd want because you want the "best quality" available, it's a leather you'd get because you love the look and feel, and there's nothing else like it.

Last edited:

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Horween is pretty overrated among CM/trad types. Guidi is a different and much more interesting beast. My Guidi boots (they also make shoes/boots) are 50x more comfortable than any of my Alden/Loake/etc boots.

Last edited:

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score

I'd like to know what's special about Guidi leather as well.  I've liked the looks of the Guidi leather on the boots/shoes I've seen, if not the style on all of them.  The prices on them is insane!  Is it just a cult thing or is there something very special about the quality, tanning process, etc.?

I don't think Guidi is 'better', just different. Much more of a matte finish, they do some interesting distressing, exotic leathers/exotic dyes and treatments.

Odd I/O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Received response to email, love dealing with Viberg....Ordered same size as 110 last.....30 day build time apx.......

If some one on here got the size 8 congrats..

Thanks for the feed back and have fun.

Which e-mail address did you use? I sent one on Thursday but still haven't received a reply.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
here are my freeman rough out boots after a few weeks. def not gentle on these, but certainly don't beat these up like i do things like jeans. honestly can't wait to replace the vibram sole, they're just too bulky and thick for my liking. Compared to my alden snuff suede on flex welt these feel like tanks. the flex welt alden boots are like literally wearing socks. But the aldens also cost 3x the price so these at $150 out the door, I can't complain!

Mon Dieu

Reaction score
Sorry about the confusion, went through my correspondence with Viberg and I did call first. Very easy folks to deal with..

Good luck..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads