• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

seasquirrel

Reaction score
In step issues typically don’t go away. You need a last with more volume.

+1

I had to size up in a pair I just got from DR because of the same issue with 2040 last.

Thanks, I was afraid that might be the situation. I'm a glutton for punishment (and I love the look and rest of the feel of these boots) so I'll keep working on them for a while. :)

I wondered about using a more forgiving leather, like doing a MTO 2040 service boot in natural Cxl or Dublin. I have several 2045 boots, which work well, but I also like the slightly different profile of the 2040.

IForgotWhoIAm

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I’ve spoken with a retailer about getting a petrol chamois roughout slipper done and he has agreed to bring it in if the make up gathers enough interest.

The make-up is as following

Petrol Chamois Roughout (This is an incredible leather which looks way better in person. Lots of depth to it. It’s a beautiful deep navy that looks black in certain lights.)

Black Midsole
Blacks Mini Ripple sole

If you’re interested in having your size brought in just leave a comment here or send me a DM and we will get you sorted out. Timeline would be 2-3 months.

Any other questions just let me know.
I'm new here, but you can look me up on Reddit with the same username.

Pics attached of Viberg Slipper on Black Mini Ripple and Petrol Chamois Roughout.

Attachments

• download (26).jpeg
    download (26).jpeg
    10.1 KB · Views: 80
  • Screenshot_20190823-124559~2.png
    Screenshot_20190823-124559~2.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 82

Jerkstore

Reaction score
So I ended up doing one coat of neatsfoot oil on the WitheredFig 145 Mushroom Oxford. At first I thought I messed it up, but after a bit of drying, it looks pretty identical to the first release version and I am much happier with it. So if you have been thinking of doing it, I would go for it considering I am not crafty at all.

Also, for the 3sixteen MTO, I am pretty sure I am going to do a 1) 145 Oxford on Commando sole, and 2) a slipper.

IForgotWhoIAm

Reaction score
I should clarify, of those pics I posted one was a slipper on mini ripple, and one was petrol roughout. Thare was no pic of a petrol roughout slipper on mini ripple haha

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New Withered Fig makeup

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New Withered Fig makeup

I like those a lot. Considering.

B0Bs4g3t

Reaction score
Just chiming in to say my NYC MTO order came in on Friday. Natural camel slippers (so probably didn't take as long as some boots). Essentially the Division road model, so they have better pics than I can provide. Love the color on these. Was worried about how orange they looked in some pics -- it's so great.

Side question: If I'm a size 10 in a 2030 last, and size 9 in slippers, what might be the best size for me in a 2050 (looking to get a chelsea boot). Also, I have pretty wide feet, will that be a problem with that last?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads