• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

westie187

Reaction score

What the hell is going on in this thread

Omert4

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Omert4 - serious question... what is your purpose in trashing Viberg? Other than your comment about loose stitching, you have yet to contribute any first hand experience. This thread alone has over 9200 posts of mostly positive experiences with both Viberg's products and customer service. The comparatively few issues have been addressed and it's not your place to complain if it's not your first hand experience.

You are regurgitating (selectively, I might add) second hand comments that can be found easily by anyone. Why the need to repeat what others have already said? You come off as a shill for a Viberg competitor. Perhaps your time and energy would be better spent supporting brands that you like instead of ******** in this thread.

If you insist on continuing, please share only your first hand, personal issues with Viberg and let others fend for themselves. Nobody appointed you mayor of the internet.

I don't think I'm trashing them. I've given them credit where credit is due, and I've given them fair criticism where it is due.

As far as my own issues with Viberg, Viberg isn't interested in admitting their own mistakes.

Last edited:

sklark23

Reaction score
So... Any pics of well worn color 8 shell? I don't mean a dozen wears or a few months, but maybe a few years? Thanks.
There is a great pair of JcrewxAlden circulating that is on reddit. I will see if I can find it.
Quote: No really, every single company will end up with a complaint. Also who is A&E

I may have been hasty in my reading of the thread and not done my due diligence of reading all of it

Last edited:

scottcw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

As far as my own issues with Viberg, I will have to call american express and have them force a chargeback since Viberg isn't interested in admitting their own mistakes.

Aaaannnddd, there it is. Thank you, goodnight! Don't forget to tip the waitstaff!

Last edited:

StarkReality

Reaction score

I don't think I'm trashing them. I've given them credit where credit is due, and I've given them fair criticism where it is due. 

As far as my own issues with Viberg,  Viberg isn't interested in admitting their own mistakes.

What issue do you have?

You seem ok, but very whiny like my wife.

westie187

Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omert4:

As far as my own issues with Viberg, I will have to call american express and have them force a chargeback since Viberg isn't interested in admitting their own mistakes.

Aaaannnddd, there it is. Thank you, goodnight! Don't forget to tip the waitstaff!
28643-Citizen-Kane-Orson-Welles-appl-xIlv.gif

Last edited:

Understatesman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Isn't it blatantly obvious? Nobody is agreeing with you, nobody is giving your post a thumbs up, universally you are being asked to leave. Seems pretty loud and clear

I agree with some of what Omert has been saying. I love my Vibergs, but I'm not a fanatic through and through so much as to disregard some quality issues have been creeping into their products more and more from what I've been reading here on this thread as well as — here it comes ... the "OMG, WHAT A LOSER!" cliche you all are about to rally behind when I mention it — on Reddit and other forums like Ironheart, etc.

Get your heads out of your egotistical asses when you post dribble like this. Nobody is agreeing with him? **** off. Plenty of people have shared concerns here in this thread. A robust, workwear type boot? Great. But for $800+ bucks, is it not too much to ask for a top of the line finish to go along with the quality construction?

I'm not asking him to leave. I'm sure other lurkers here aren't either, yet you parade this bullshit mantra about "universal" consensus thrown his way.

Now someone wants to report him for asking a snarky question about some Ryan Seacrest avatar? Holy ****, talk about reaching.

I swear you fucktards must be wearing diapers under your raw denim rolled-up-ever-so-casually to show the world your $800+ boots no one in the majority of the population has even heard of. Is that a bad thing? Of course not. But when you embrace some kind of elitist mindset because you know about Viberg before Johnny-come-lately does, it's tiring as ****.

Everyone has a right to their opinion. Apparently Omert doesn't in your little dictatorship here.

Personally, I like differing opinions. Helps me consider pros and cons about stuff I'm learning about.

sklark23

Reaction score
I agree with some of what Omert has been saying. I love my Vibergs, but I'm not a fanatic through and through so much as to disregard some quality issues have been creeping into their products more and more from what I've been reading here on this thread as well as — here it comes ... the "OMG, WHAT A LOSER!" cliche you all are about to rally behind when I mention it — on Reddit and other forums like Ironheart, etc.

Get your heads out of your egotistical asses when you post dribble like this. Nobody is agreeing with him? **** off. Plenty of people have shared concerns here in this thread. A robust, workwear type boot? Great. But for $800+ bucks, is it not too much to ask for a top of the line finish to go along with the quality construction?

I'm not asking him to leave. I'm sure other lurkers here aren't either, yet you parade this bullshit mantra about "universal" consensus thrown his way.

Now someone wants to report him for asking a snarky question about some Ryan Seacrest avatar? Holy ****, talk about reaching.

I swear you fucktards must be wearing diapers under your raw denim rolled-up-ever-so-casually to show the world your $800+ boots no one in the majority of the population has even heard of. Is that a bad thing? Of course not. But when you embrace some kind of elitist mindset because you know about Viberg before Johnny-come-lately does, it's tiring as ****.

Everyone has a right to their opinion. Apparently Omert doesn't in your little dictatorship here.

Personally, I like differing opinions. Helps me consider pros and cons about stuff I'm learning about.
I actually completely agree. People tend to disregard criticism as some sort of personal attack. Actually some of the stuff omert has said is stuff I complained about, the puckering on the shell boot in the recent IG post

Understatesman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just report the post as offensive.

Mind showing exactly what's offensive in that post? Go ahead, gather your evidence.

I swear, you people...

How bout this: Censoring and trying to run off differing opinions is offensive to others and should be offensive to prospective buyers of Viberg if you're suppressing issues that have evidently arisen before, and may well arise again in the future.

You offend me, good sir. See how easy that is to toss around bullshit?

Last edited:

Aviv

Reaction score

As far as my own issues with Viberg,  Viberg isn't interested in admitting their own mistakes.

I can't tell if you mean to be so intentionally vague, but really, why don't elaborate. I post all my Viberg problems here and have a balanced view of the company and their products. You're not a "differing opinion" if you don't actually opine beyond 2nd hand stories. Go on, walk the walk and tell me about youR Viberg nightmare and the chargeback threat.

Also- Tricker's? Talk about not being worth the price point...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads