• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JoeRogan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mind ID’ing them?

Clockwise from 12 they’re Shinki Oiled Natural horsebutt, Division Road snuff suede, Honey Tanned horsehide, Division Road Asphalt Horsebutt Shelby, Blue Button Shop Color 8 CXL, and Division Road Port Vitello calf. All are 2030 except the Shinki horsebutt (2020), all are service boots except the Shelby.

Last edited:

JoeRogan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And then send them all to me for a long term, in depth review ?

1596416723848.gif

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score
Picked up a few new pairs recently that I’m really looking forward to breaking in once the heat dies down

View attachment 1435046

I hear ya! I spent our winter in Africa and Australia* so I missed a whole boot wearing season. Awesome pickups!

* Yes I got a pair of RM Williams at the flagship store in Melbourne ;)

ryebreadiest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Clockwise from 12 they’re Shinki Oiled Natural horsebutt, Division Road snuff suede, Honey Tanned horsehide, Division Road Asphalt Horsebutt Shelby, Blue Button Shop Color 8 CXL, and Division Road Port Vitello calf. All are 2030 except the Shinki horsebutt (2020), all are service boots except the Shelby.
I thought I recognized the port vitello. I’ve decided that even though I’m teaching remotely, I’m dressing like I would if I was in my classroom and my pair are getting the honor of the first day of school tomorrow.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

color 8 cxl looks better than most pics I’ve seen. I purchased a color 8 shell from dot com and they were gorgeous but had a huge stain on the toe cap. Maybe I’ll try for cxl

mykii2704

Reaction score
Thinking about getting a pair of the gardener boots, any thoughts? Also how does sizing compare to viberg?

The gardeners are literally Aussie working boots. They're what you wear when you're out on the property, mowing your lawn, digging up **** in your garden etc. The quality is not quite as high as their Comfort Craftsman IMO but they are made to fit like a sock and made to last and be beaten up.

My only experience is the Viberg Chelseas I got for my GF (yep, my GF has Viberg Chelseas!) so I'm not sure how sizing would translate. I think she's a size 3 or 4 in those, and she's been fitted for a 3G in the RMs as well.

However, the sizing of RMs can be finicky... They're meant to be sock-like in fit. I'd recommend getting sized in store. But FYI, I wear a solid 10D Barrie and take a 9G in RMs and its perfect. You'll need to stretch them a little. A month of wear should do the job, and with care they can last generations. A lot of the Australian farmers have pairs that are decades old.

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score
mykii2704 said:
Good man, that store is beautiful.

Also, RM Williams... best Chelseas money can buy IMHO! Good job.

Thinking about getting a pair of the gardener boots, any thoughts? Also how does sizing compare to viberg?

I'm a 7.5 in my Vibergs, and use an 8 (Aussie size) in the RMs, primarily because they run a little narrower and my feet are pretty wide. If you have narrower feet, you may be able to use the same size number.

Last edited:

JoeRogan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
color 8 cxl looks better than most pics I’ve seen. I purchased a color 8 shell from dot com and they were gorgeous but had a huge stain on the toe cap. Maybe I’ll try for cxl

How were the toe caps on those, stubby or back to normal? They have some dark cognac ones in my size but that release came in the stubby era and the product shots definitely look short, but also as ongoing production I was hoping they might have made some pairs more recently that were better proportioned.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How were the toe caps on those, stubby or back to normal? They have some dark cognac ones in my size but that release came in the stubby era and the product shots definitely look short, but also as ongoing production I was hoping they might have made some pairs more recently that were better proportioned.
I bought the color 8 like a year ago and returned them, the caps were normal

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads