• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It might be bobcat that was lost in the mail or it could be the pre-order that they opened for that.
I preordered one and havent heard if its here yet but I was under the assumption it wouldnt be here for a couple more months.

If it is the bobcat it definitely is on the best last out there by viberg 1035 :lurk:

ryebreadiest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Miloh brown horsebutt got here and they look good. There is something about the brown that reminds me of the hand painted ‘antique museum‘ finish I have on a pair of dress shoes. It’s hard to describe but I fee like I can see what feel like...brush strokes?
91FD6585-AB22-4618-9BE2-F0F79A594855.jpeg

It’s quite different from the color 4 horsebutt where the dye feels deeper. My biggest complaint is actually the box, which is not only quite a bit larger than my other 4 pairs of Viberg boots, but came with a totally blown out corner. Can’t win em all I guess!.

Turns31

Reaction score
Any suggestions on how to straighten the tongue? I've had crooked tongues before but they always straightened out after wearing a few times. If I don't pull it to the center it falls to the outside of my ankle. If I do pull it to the center it bunches up. No real pain but it is annoying throughout the day.
I asked the Viberg rep who contacted me about the color 8s they're redoing and he told me that sometimes they get crooked in the lasting process and probably won't fix itself.

Attachments

• 1596235254645_1596235246793_0_MVIMG_20200728_084331~2.jpg
    1596235254645_1596235246793_0_MVIMG_20200728_084331~2.jpg
    240.4 KB · Views: 58

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any suggestions on how to straighten the tongue? I've had crooked tongues before but they always straightened out after wearing a few times. If I don't pull it to the center it falls to the outside of my ankle. If I do pull it to the center it bunches up. No real pain but it is annoying throughout the day.
I asked the Viberg rep who contacted me about the color 8s they're redoing and he told me that sometimes they get crooked in the lasting process and probably won't fix itself.
Is it painful? Or is it an aesthetic thing.

Some people have cobblers stitch the tongue to the quarter so it won't slide as much.

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some conditioner on the tongue might help it flatten.

it’s pretty hard to redo a gusseted tongue from I’ve been told so a cobbler might just make it non gusseted. Either way I’d be clear on your expectations before sending it in.

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score
Getting a little time on the 2055 S&S 'shroom chamois, sz 7.5. This last is interesting. Yes, it has a wide forefoot and that suits me well. But the mid-foot, or waist area is insanely narrow, and has taken some desk time in my thickest socks to stretch out. If you have wide feet like me, you sort of punch through the skinny arch tunnel to get the things on! But they are getting quite comfy and I am quickly loving these, although it took more work than the 1035. I don't know how DR says you can go down another half-size from your 1035 - maybe if you have narrow feet only.

The chamois is very soft and waxy. Back half of the boot is unlined and the tongue is partially gusseted. I say these are a medium-light weight boot, perfect for California. And no funny chamois smell. Correct length Vibergs are always a slugfest for me at first, with my very wide feet. I do love the way it barely creases when walking. Waterspots for sure, but brushes out. I'm thinking about a nanospray or something to protect. Suggestions?

PS - you can thank me for cropping my hairy arm out of the photo lol!

IMG_1855.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads