• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stitchedsoles

Reaction score
They did redo that last recently. Could be that?

BTW forgot who ordered those 1035 side zips. Wondering if they received them yet?

That was me. Still waiting.

I talked to them about a month ago and the story was they were finished and sent to the warehouse to ship. After waiting another month I just called on Monday and they said they were for sure sent to the warehouse but they can't find them. They are going to keep searching through next week and if they can't find them they'll have to remake or something.

mogili222

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do guys with the sidezips put them on.. I sized them the same as the chelseas and putting them on is so damn hard. Very comfortable once on the feet though...

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191128101325567_COVER.jpg

WeatheredHide

Reaction score
yeah I can’t tell if it’s variance in how the hide took the dye or maybe horween’s finishing process? But for sample sale price I’m not bothered and these things tend to even out from experience.

I actually like that look a lot.

Mine were more uniform and opaque but I see that kind of color variance as a plus.

I'm that way, too. For suit-wearing shoes and sneakers, I want and expect perfect uniformity. For boots like these (which I wear mostly with outfits on top of jeans or chinos), the natural leather variations draw me in. That's why the beaver fur kudu ones I've got appeal to me more than any other boots I've bought recently. As with your pictured brown horsebutt ones, my beaver kudu boots look like two different boots individually, but together look like groovy mates.

WeatheredHide

Reaction score
I have a crust horsehide question: Were all cap toe crust horsehide makeups of the unstructured toe variety?

Someone has a pair in my size for sale, and when I asked him, he said "I believe they are partially structured."

While I get why some of you dig the unstructured toes, I'm definitely a structured toe kind of guy -- so I need something a bit more authoritative than this gentleman's "I believe."

Here's a photo:

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a crust horsehide question: Were all cap toe crust horsehide makeups of the unstructured toe variety?

Someone has a pair in my size for sale, and when I asked him, he said "I believe they are partially structured."

While I get why some of you dig the unstructured toes, I'm definitely a structured toe kind of guy -- so I need something a bit more authoritative than this gentleman's "I believe."

Here's a photo:

View attachment 1289165

From my understanding they were all unstructured.

motojobobo

Reaction score
Just received the mushroom chamois I bought off an SF member. Love everything about them, including the fit which I was unsure about. I went down half a size from a size 10 Service boot (1035 last) to a 9.5 oxford (1035 last) and the fit is excellent.

I’m a 11 C Brannock, low volume heel and toe area, and all my Viberg boots are size 10 (1035, 2005, 2040) which fit well with thick boot socks. As I wanted to use medium/thinner socks for the oxfords I went down a half size and got lucky. I have a nice and snug fit. Can’t wear my oxfords now due to a healing ankle injury but that should be behind me in a month.

The nap on these has tons of variation. The counter has A much longer and coarser nap, nearly looks like a roughout; while the vamp is more uniform and shorter.

Attachments

• BAA4DFFA-A4CC-4D8B-A9D1-2B93F8BEF2A5.jpeg
    BAA4DFFA-A4CC-4D8B-A9D1-2B93F8BEF2A5.jpeg
    409.2 KB · Views: 27
  • E533567D-624C-4A55-90C6-4CA0A1EC55D3.jpeg
    E533567D-624C-4A55-90C6-4CA0A1EC55D3.jpeg
    359.7 KB · Views: 39
  • 40691C64-8E58-456D-B080-0E2B521101F9.jpeg
    40691C64-8E58-456D-B080-0E2B521101F9.jpeg
    376.3 KB · Views: 37

vettemike

Reaction score
Seeing shots of the Himel ammunition boots recently + those awesome 2040 (I think) PCTs JR picked up = first .com purchase:

The weekend charity promo was a nice bonus.

Post photos when you get them. I’ve been tempted, but want to see if the color is true to the website

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads