• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

InternetTears

Reaction score
I’m pretty sure horsebutt can be tanned with a Chromexcel tannage. Whether those on Viberg.com are I’m not sure as it doesn’t say but it looks like it has an aniline finish like Chromexcel. I do know that what Horween calls Work Shoe Butt uses a Chromexcel formula. They also offer horsehide in Chromexcel like on the Wesco x Standard & Strange Axebreakers. Nick Horween mentioned that most of their chromexcel tannages can done on steerhide or horsehide. He mentions it in the comments of this old Wordpress Article
Horsebutt hides can also have parts of the shell tissue; the Italian horsebutt that I have is rigid and has not shown creasing yet. HH Chromexcel exists but I don’t think they would do it on the butt leather.

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone get a final list of available leathers for the MTO?

Support has not yet responded to me.

NYDRH

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone get a final list of available leathers for the MTO?

Support has not yet responded to me.
I don't think they'll put out a list. They have a significant amount of choices and the inventory is dynamic so sending out a static list might be counterproductive. My guess is they would more likely answer inventory questions for a specific leather.

JoeRogan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think they'll put out a list. They have a significant amount of choices and the inventory is dynamic so sending out a static list might be counterproductive. My guess is they would more likely answer inventory questions for a specific leather.

They’ve told me and like 3 other people they would be sending a full list. Whatever, send a list or don’t send a list, but don’t say you’re going to send a list and then ghost everyone.

NYDRH

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They’ve told me and like 3 other people they would be sending a full list. Whatever, send a list or don’t send a list, but don’t say you’re going to send a list and then ghost everyone.
I see, I didn't realize that. If it helps any, it seemed like they had every leather they've used in the past few years with some of that inventory running low and therefore potentially unavailable. See below from @Squizzy3k it may not be real time but this was pretty accurate from what I saw in May.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My most comfortable out of the box was cxl 2045 boondockers on leather sole. I believe because of the leather sole and the forgiving nature of cxl. I find dianite (studded) to be the least comfortable outsole.
I agree dainite studded is the least comfortable. Alot of the other soles viberg offers - leather, Vibram 430, 700, ridgeway, commando are all pretty comfortable.

Comfortable leathers out of the box for me have been chromexcel and chromepak. Not a common leather, but kangaroo has been the most comfortable. I love my shell, but those take a while to break in.

Couldn’t agree more. The cord sole on my mushroom oxfords is also unnaturally heavy and about as stiff as dainite.

I hope it softens a bit as I love the makeup. It’s just not all that comfy. These shoes would be perfect candidates for a mini-ripple conversion by Pekin.

Jmccle2

Reaction score
Yeah that was the feedback I received last time. I was told there wasn’t a list, but if there was a certain leather I was curious about they would let me know if it was available.

lifeinabox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah that was the feedback I received last time. I was told there wasn’t a list, but if there was a certain leather I was curious about they would let me know if it was available.
FWIW, I emailed Viberg last week about the availability of tan bison (I desperately want to recreate the SF GMTO boot) for the MTO. Took them almost a week but they responded “no” but kindly offered a couple of suggestions for similar leather.

NYDRH

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FWIW, I emailed Viberg last week about the availability of tan bison (I desperately want to recreate the SF GMTO boot) for the MTO. Took them almost a week but they responded “no” but kindly offered a couple of suggestions for similar leather.
That bison leather was awesome, they need to bring that back.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads