• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reaction score
I totally agree - it wasn't something I noticed at first and it was my mistake for not being diligent about inspecting the boots before wearing.

Viberg just responded to me stating that "like with a welted boot, where the upper is lasted by a machine, stitchdown can vary to a degree depending on how much and how hard the upper is pulled. This is also why the eyelets are uneven, as it looks like they are punched evenly, but when the upper is stretched unevenly, that can change. Your example is quite apparent, but unfortunately, we can’t take them back as it is against our policy to take boots back that were purchased from our retailers. If you’re still unhappy with the boots, you can reach out to Brooklyn Clothing and see if they can help you out. There isn’t really any way to change the boots or eyelets, though."

I'll write to Brooklyn to see if they might be willing to offer a solution or meet somewhere in the middle.

Hey, I think BC is just saying try Viberg first, because they have the ability to provide a more immediate solution and that if they can't, BC will make sure you're taken care of. I think due to the nature of this sort of specialized market, this approach makes more sense when dealing with factory defects. If BC were to take care of it first, they would just be an unnecessary middle man and add on time to your issue being resolved. I'm sure if Viberg is difficult with it, BC will use their influence as a larger purchaser to probably help you get what you want. I think going for a chargeback on such minute details is a little ridiculous, however. You shouldn't be considering that unless you start hitting real brick walls.

liquidjelly

Reaction score
Hey, I think BC is just saying try Viberg first, because they have the ability to provide a more immediate solution and that if they can't, BC will make sure you're taken care of. I think due to the nature of this sort of specialized market, this approach makes more sense when dealing with factory defects. If BC were to take care of it first, they would just be an unnecessary middle man and add on time to your issue being resolved. I'm sure if Viberg is difficult with it, BC will use their influence as a larger purchaser to probably help you get what you want. I think going for a chargeback on such minute details is a little ridiculous, however. You shouldn't be considering that unless you start hitting real brick walls.
Having sat on the idea for some time now, I agree. I don't think filing for a chargeback is something that I'd like to do - I'd really prefer to work something out with BC (since Viberg said they wouldn't help), and unless they offer me absolutely nothing, I'd like to think I'd be understanding of the outcome. I do realize I made a mistake by wearing them outside of the house for a brief period of time -- at the very least, I know I won't make that mistake again :p

grizzlygiant

Reaction score

FYI you should always go to the retailer with any issues of an item purchased. Let them deal with the vendor regardless of the brand. If they tell you to connect with the brand itself that's.... odd. There's no way to verify purchase, time frames, etc. Very easy for a retail shop to do all this for you and get **** resolved within reason.

liquidjelly

Reaction score
FYI you should always go to the retailer with any issues of an item purchased. Let them deal with the vendor regardless of the brand. If they tell you to connect with the brand itself that's.... odd. There's no way to verify purchase, time frames, etc. Very easy for a retail shop to do all this for you and get **** resolved within reason.

I sent an email to BCC asking them to see if they'd offer some kind of exchange/return/partial credit but have yet to hear back from them after my initial phone call. As a vendor, what would you do in this situation if the original manufacturer isn't able to help? If you think I'm being too picky or unreasonable, please let me know!

Last edited:

liquidjelly

Reaction score
Also, here's a picture of my Crusty Horsey boots. The lighting this morning was incredible and gave the side panel a sweet waffle-like texture.

MVIMG_20180227_083137.jpg

zargoz

Reaction score
I'm also curious about the patina if anyone has examples.

Also do folks take the same size in the 2030 derby as the 2030 service boot?
I size them the same. Small sample size but my pair of welted derby boots fits just a little snugger than my stitchdown service boots in the same size.

Would like to see what the aged natural horse looks like as well... all I could find via google was tan horse. I am thinking about going for these but not sure.

liquidjelly

Reaction score
I size them the same. Small sample size but my pair of welted derby boots fits just a little snugger than my stitchdown service boots in the same size.

Would like to see what the aged natural horse looks like as well... all I could find via google was tan horse. I am thinking about going for these but not sure.
DO IT YOUR HEART COMPELS YOU

marvin4653

Reaction score
Hey guys--I'm thinking about jumping on the Lost & Found natty CXL preorder for my first pair of Vibergs, but I live far, far away from the nearest retailer and after reading dozens of posts about sizing on the 2030 last, I'm still stuck in that dilemma between a half-size and full-size down. Lost & Found's super-friendly customer service folks recommended dropping a full size, but I'm still a little nervous.

Anyone want to give me a hot take? I've got about dozen pairs of AEs, in a half-dozen different lasts (the 65, 108, 1943, 0, 333, 2, and 5), and I wear a 9.5D in every single one of them with dress socks. But I've also got a pair of 1000 Miles, and I'm a full-size down in those (8.5), even with some pretty thick L.L. Bean wool socks. I'm planning to wear the Vibergs with thicker cotton socks or the full-on thick wool ones.

Jmccle2

Reaction score
Hey guys--I'm thinking about jumping on the Lost & Found natty CXL preorder for my first pair of Vibergs, but I live far, far away from the nearest retailer and after reading dozens of posts about sizing on the 2030 last, I'm still stuck in that dilemma between a half-size and full-size down. Lost & Found's super-friendly customer service folks recommended dropping a full size, but I'm still a little nervous.

Anyone want to give me a hot take? I've got about dozen pairs of AEs, in a half-dozen different lasts (the 65, 108, 1943, 0, 333, 2, and 5), and I wear a 9.5D in every single one of them with dress socks. But I've also got a pair of 1000 Miles, and I'm a full-size down in those (8.5), even with some pretty thick L.L. Bean wool socks. I'm planning to wear the Vibergs with thicker cotton socks or the full-on thick wool ones.
How’s your toe room in the 1000 Miles? Do you have short toes? For me, I’m a 10.5 and went half a size down. I’m a size 10 on the 2030 which is the same size as Barrie, Trubalance, and 1000 Mile.

JakeUser

Reaction score

For what it's worth, I would size down half from your Brannock. I went with a full size down and it's been painful. They are not too small per se, the length is there but the width/height (or volume, if you will) is not what it should be.

On Alden Trubalance, I'm a full size down from my Brannock size and that is a perfect fit, in part because of the E-width and also because of the smooth CXL in that boot. The 2030 I have is also CXL but it's like a brick in comparison an it's just killing my heels.

Good luck.

EDIT: spelling

Reaction score
I went a half size down. But I haven't received my boots yet. I'll say this though: I researched viberg sizing EXSTENSIVELY when I was about to buy my first pair. Something I noticed is that a couple years ago, going down a full size seemed to work for most people. And it seemed like the general consensus. However, as of a year or so ago, I've started to notice more and more complaints about a full size down just being too damn small. Many people in threads were also saying their half size down vibergs worked and fit perfectly for them. It seems the general consensus among boot enthusiasts has switched to half size down while most retailers are still recommending the full size down. However, BC for example recommended a half size down to me, so I think retailers are starting to follow this consensus. I think Viberg changed the insole or something like that? I think it has more arch support now, so that might be what's eating more room on the inside. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, as they are just observations I've made while lurking forums.

JakeUser

Reaction score
I went a half size down. But I haven't received my boots yet. I'll say this though: I researched viberg sizing EXSTENSIVELY when I was about to buy my first pair. Something I noticed is that a couple years ago, going down a full size seemed to work for most people. And it seemed like the general consensus. However, as of a year or so ago, I've started to notice more and more complaints about a full size down just being too damn small. Many people in threads were also saying their half size down vibergs worked and fit perfectly for them. It seems the general consensus among boot enthusiasts has switched to half size down while most retailers are still recommending the full size down. However, BC for example recommended a half size down to me, so I think retailers are starting to follow this consensus. I think Viberg changed the insole or something like that? I think it has more arch support now, so that might be what's eating more room on the inside. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, as they are just observations I've made while lurking forums.

I think you are on to something, though Viberg themselves recommended me to go a full size down when asking them upon ordering from them. At the end of the day, I'm of course responsible for my own sizing in purchases so I can't complain about them over the problems I'm now having. Though I sure wish I had gone with a half a size down instead of full size down.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics