• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gte872h

Reaction score
New horsebutt engineers are up on .com, and was wondering if I should size up for the Chelsea last? I have two pairs in the traditional last in 10.5, that fit great in width, with a little room in length. Not concerned about length, but mainly width. I am thinking the Chelsea last is sleeker so I should probably go with 11. . .right?

This is a tough question to answer. Just like the slipper, sizing can be all over the place when dealing with laceless footwear. The regular engineer last (2005) runs a bit short on length compared to other lasts. I’m assuming the chelsea last engineers are the same length as the 2030 last, but I’m not sure. By traditional last, do you mean the 2005 or something else? Since this design is a first, I’d recommend reaching out to Viberg for sizing advice.

phantomx48

Reaction score
Yeah, have two pairs in the 2005 last in 10.5. Usually wear 2030 and most others in size 11 for width concerns. So I am assuming the Chelsea last will probably require an 11 as well.

jkclapham

Reaction score
Visiting you all from /r/goodyearwelt

Hey all, this is a reminder that Brooklyn Clothing's Custom Viberg Presale has been extended to monday. We only need 1 or 2 more to make these happen (need 6 orders minimum for each style, currently at about 4-5)

http://shop.brooklynclothing.com/viberg-presale

View attachment 851944

Also here from /r/goodyearwelt. Due to Canadian Thanksgiving, the pre-sale will actually end on Tuesday, October 10.

Here's where we are on numbers:
Trying to make one final push to make this happen. Please check out the make-ups and spread the word if you know anyone who might be interested. Thanks, and have a great weekend!

Last edited:

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had trouble with the instep on Viberg Chelsea boots? They seem to gap quite a bit and not fit snuck, at least from pictures.

You mean above the middle of the foot, like they look like they have a high instep? Not my pair

wdahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Some of us who have color 4 pre-orders have been getting offers much higher than that. I know of some in the $1800+ range, though as far as I know, none have accepted those offers. That said, maybe you'll have luck in a month or so when they arrive and people discover if they mis-sized.

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Some of us who have color 4 pre-orders have been getting offers much higher than that. I know of some in the $1800+ range, though as far as I know, none have accepted those offers. That said, maybe you'll have luck in a month or so when they arrive and people discover if they mis-sized.

They haven’t even come yet and people are already out for blood lol

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got an offer for 2k right off the bat from someone fiending for a stitchdown/shell boot.

Serad

Reaction score
I also got around 1800 and 2k+ offers...pretty crazy.

By the way, any new progress pics or word? I saw those factory pics posted, but no idea where those came from as I can't seem to find them online on the usual channels like Viberg insta. I am not sure how much Viberg usually shows on the production progress of their batches but I enjoy following every bit of information for sure...

jlchau

Reaction score
I also got around 1800 and 2k+ offers...pretty crazy.

By the way, any new progress pics or word? I saw those factory pics posted, but no idea where those came from as I can't seem to find them online on the usual channels like Viberg insta. I am not sure how much Viberg usually shows on the production progress of their batches but I enjoy following every bit of information for sure...

All the factory shots so far have come from Frank's Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/imustbefrank/

Mrfuzon

Reaction score
Also here from /r/goodyearwelt. Due to Canadian Thanksgiving, the pre-sale will actually end on Tuesday, October 10.

Here's where we are on numbers:
Trying to make one final push to make this happen. Please check out the make-ups and spread the word if you know anyone who might be interested. Thanks, and have a great weekend!

Just need 1 more by 10am PST for the Commando bison

Iotapa

Reaction score
I would have been interested in he bison if I knew I could get a pair that didn't have the texture of a walnut. That reminds me, I notice on boots with a toecap that the cap tends to be smoother than the rest of the boot. You can see it on the kudu and tumbled horsehide as an example. I wonder why it ends up like that?

The honey tanned horse looks cool. Wonder if it'll be stitchdown.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads