• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DuckOB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Same size in both the 110 and the 2045. Full size down from brannock and half size down from Alden Barrie.

Interesting. I did same size in 2045 as Barrie but I do wear 3/4 orthotic

Congrats and if those derbies are 8.5 I am your man <---- shameless plug. Great scores let's see some pics !!!

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Interesting. I did same size in 2045 as Barrie but I do wear 3/4 orthotic

Congrats and if those derbies are 8.5 I am your man <---- shameless plug. Great scores let's see some pics !!!

I find sizing a little maddening and I found out the expensive way that you really need to try on to be sure. I would have thought my 2045 size would be my Barrie size also, but turns out the half size down fits great.

I have 2030 boots that work on my Barrie size, but I have found certain 2030 makeup are too big in that same size.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

DuckOB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I find sizing a little maddening and I found out the expensive way that you really need to try on to be sure. I would have thought my 2045 size would be my Barrie size also, but turns out the half size down fits great.

I have 2030 boots that work on my Barrie size, but I have found certain 2030 makeup are too big in that same size.

Interesting and agree. Trying on is only real way. I always bake in money selling at a loss if I buy blind

Really great pickups. Never would have figured the half Japanese and hunter sleek would be in the sale. Amazing

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I gotta say, this year looks like it had better stock than the previous one.

Edmund K

Reaction score
Got this from sample sale. Natural veg tanned horsebutt according viberg Instagram. What are the difference betweeen horsebutt/horsehide/shell? I'm confused. Shout out to Guy! Always recommend unique and cool stuff to me. Can't wait until it ages. There is a website discussing how natural veg tanned leather patina over time:
http://blog.basandlokes.com/?p=1647

Last edited:

jlchau

Reaction score

Got this from sample sale. Natural veg tanned horsebutt according viberg Instagram. What are the difference betweeen horsebutt/horsehide/shell? I'm confused. Shout out to Guy! Always recommend unique and cool stuff to me. Can't wait until it ages.

Damn those are nice, was hoping for a proxy on those. What size are they?

Edmund K

Reaction score
Size 8. Guy told me this is the only pair they made. I don't know why.... Maybe it is a difficult color to wear, but he said it will age nicely. He recommended a horsehide derby last year and I'm very happy with it.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
As posted, yesterday I bought the V x SF "half Japanese" 145 derby. It is really a fantastic make up and something one will likely not see again. In fact, it will likely be rare that we see another 145 derby on the 110 last period since Viberg seems to be moving in a different stylistic direction.

Kudos to the person who originated the "half Japanese" model and to those who backed it.

Out of curiosity, why was it called the "half Japanese"?

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That would be @linafelt who came up with the fantastic makeup.

It's a half-sole work oxford similar to those in the Japanese market.

No relationship to the band or, uhm, racism.

Bobbo316

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Got this from sample sale. Natural veg tanned horsebutt according viberg Instagram. What are the difference betweeen horsebutt/horsehide/shell? I'm confused. Shout out to Guy! Always recommend unique and cool stuff to me. Can't wait until it ages. There is a website discussing how natural veg tanned leather:
http://blog.basandlokes.com/?p=1647

These are awesome man congrats! Looking forward to seeing how this leather ages.

I've been eyeing the veg tan kangaroos for a while just don't have the extra cash at the moment.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member