• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vested Napoli Suit

jeff13007

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
don't go by me, I know nothing of 3 piece suits nor of what NSM is capable of. I am sure if you describe what you want, she can tell you whether or not it is something that she does.

well i just went with a 2 piece, do they normally come with high armholes or do you have to specify, ill be going back tomorrow to make a downpayment. Btw i saw your jacket and she said something about you asking for the original splla camica or something? it was pretty interesting actually she said that style was from the 40s

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
She shows up. A big plus. /Woody Allen.
Mina's turn around is quite good for a traveling tailor. Got my first fitting a little over a month after I placed the order. P.S. This is not a foothreak because you changed your mind.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jeff13007
well i just went with a 2 piece, do they normally come with high armholes or do you have to specify, ill be going back tomorrow to make a downpayment. Btw i saw your jacket and she said something about you asking for the original splla camica or something? it was pretty interesting actually she said that style was from the 40s

I wouldn't say anything about the armholes, they'll be fine.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jeff13007

It's actually "dagli anni cinquanta" - from the 50's. Either way it's a neat variation.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
The pants aren't going to look all that English. Though they won't look all that Italian either. Sort of in the middle. An inch or so higher rise than Ambrosi.

Tyrolean pants, in effect?

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just gave the whole length to Mina.

The words of a man who never expects to see oppo again.

Originally Posted by A Y
Wait, I thought this was a foothreak™. Or did you just do the whole foo cycle in one thread? From obstinate single-mindedness to sending it back to Naples for recutting in one swell
foo.gif
p.

Did you get the orange tie you were looking for?

Cravate_Noire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by maomao1980
looks like Arny's, but then probably Sciamat's own tie.

Probably Dolcepunta. Construction wise the Marinella 10/11 folds I have look quite sloppy compared to their ties.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by alliswell
Did you get the orange tie you were looking for?

No, the oranges were too bright. I found a nice rust orange at FIH, however.

I will say that she brought a new Cappelli collection, nearly all silks I had not seen before, and they are spectacular. Seriously, some of the best ties I have ever seen.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
BTW, if my vest ends up looking like the Italian vests in this thread, it's going to Goodwill.

Bull

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cravate_Noire
My favourite pic of Carlo!...hope to meet him when Im in Milan.

Vasilis and I say they can.
sciamat_vb.jpg

mr-vassillios-dresses-sciamat.jpg

For posterity/archival purposes: These pics are Sciamat.

rob

Reaction score
No, the oranges were too bright. I found a nice rust orange at FIH, however.

I will say that she brought a new Cappelli collection, nearly all silks I had not seen before, and they are spectacular. Seriously, some of the best ties I have ever seen.

I picked up a rust colored Marinella from FIH recently. A nice alternative to a bright orange one I got from Will.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of Mina's work that you and others are getting. Since I live in Wisconsin, NY is too inconvenient but I am thinking of taking a 1 or 2 week trip to Napoli with the family next year and having a suit made when I am there. Is is reasonable to expect to get all the fittings for a suit done over a week plus?

Cheers,

Rob

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I don't understand how you guys are able to make use of orange ties.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
I don't understand how you guys are able to make use of orange ties.

The picture you always post of the sainted Mariano shows an orange tie.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alphalabscbdus