1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Vass Group buy II - Worldwide, Australia, Singapore

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by arahat, Apr 1, 2014.

1. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

Subscribed in hopes of a third group buy. Also completely in the woods about how sizing would work out. I'm a 10.5 US 3E width in both Allen Edmonds and Alden Barrie last.

2. tautology

tautology Well-Known Member

Received my

Received my MTO modified Osloer boots last Monday. Extremely happy with them. I am 12D Allen Edmonds Park/TTS and ordered the boots on the P2 last on size 45. Perfect fit thanks to Arahat's sizing advice, smooth transaction and exemplary service throughout the whole process. Highly recommended.

1 person likes this.
  3. manasdirge

manasdirge Senior member

will there be more group this year?

and what size should I pick in vass?

I have santoni size 5F and ferragamo tramezza 5.5 EE that fits fine (small feets :embar:)

Last edited: May 18, 2015
  4. minthe

minthe Well-Known Member

Hello Vass-friends,

I'm currently looking into options of getting myself (red)brown toe cap cordovan shoes or boots. The tricky part is that being female and without huge feet, I'll need a women's size or those small men's sizes that are never made as a standard.

I have been communicating with a very friendly Vass' sales manager about this kind of shoe:

- Theresian model
    - V-shaped toe cap
    - 3636 last
    - No. 8. Shell Cordovan
    - women's shoe
    - single sole

A single MTO would be 490.- Euro VAT free, shipping to the US is 40.- Euro extra, I'd highly assume it'll get cheaper with more buyers.

Other shell options they can offer from Horween would be Black, Cigar and deep Cognac .. but I'm pretty set on #8.

Now I'm curious to see if there are folks out there who would be interested in a GMTO.

The model:
    [​IMG]

The leather and V-shaped cap:

[​IMG]

The last:
    [​IMG]

Please let me know!

5. Joenobody0

Joenobody0 Senior member

^^^ Are you sure about that price? It seems very cheap; 530 Euros is less than $600 which is a total steal for a single unit MTO Shell shoe shipped to the USA with lasted trees.

6. Keal19

Keal19 Senior member

You are right, In my experience that price would be for regular leather - there will be an upcharge for shell.

7. minthe

minthe Well-Known Member

^ It seems quite cheap, I was surprised/delighted, too. But we always spoke about shell shoes. I'll double check.

Last edited: May 20, 2015
  8. minthe

minthe Well-Known Member

How many buyers usually get together for a group MTO with Vass in your experience?

Last edited: May 20, 2015
  9. minthe

minthe Well-Known Member

Yup, the price is confirmed. Genuine Horween shell cordovan, VAT free. But only for women's shoes...

10. manasdirge

manasdirge Senior member

well I have small feets but I am more interested in the U last, and BTW, there is a GMTO forum:
    http://www.styleforum.net/f/20926
    maybe you can get more attention by posting there![​IMG]

11. minthe

minthe Well-Known Member

Thank you, great hint! I'm still a bit lost around here...