• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Unofficial CREDIT CARD Information Thread

HomerJ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

HomerJ, where did you find these offers? I checked the websites for both cards and the rewards advertised are slightly different to what you said they were. Maybe they changed it after many people jumped on it?

Both are still good as of 1 minute ago.. I googled Chase Sapphire 50000 and the first Ad was the application page. Googling Citi Thank You 50000 resulted in an ad for 30000 but click on it and it's 50000.

dunkindonuts

Reaction score
Cool. Yeah, I've been researching credit cards since I recently got my first full-time job out of college. Think I'll be going with the Chase Freedom Rewards program. $200 cash back and no annual fees and a decent cash back %.

Contingency Plan

Reaction score
Anyone know any good UK credit card deals? I'm a med student, would like to boost my credit, and perks wouldn't hurt.

austinite

Reaction score
I have the Fidelity Investment Rewards. It's 1.5% cash back for the first $15k/year and then 2% after that. The only catch is that the cash back has to go into a fidelity account. Personally I just dump it into my ROTH to help me reach the $5k/year limit. I believe you can put it in a regular investment account and immediately withdraw but not sure.
I buy almost everything on the card (including bills when I can) and pay it off every month. I'm pretty happy with it, especially concerning I had trouble getting accepted for other rewards cards (my only credit history was a crap $500 limit capital one card and a $10k car loan that I payed off as fast as I possibly could)

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bumping this. Looking for a new credit card, will probably apply for a new card in the next month or two. Use it as my primary spending and pay it off in full each month.

I'm young, 23. Don't have any negative marks on my credit and a score in the low 700s. Would I be able to get anything that requires an "excellent" credit rating? as of the end of this month, I'll only have student loans and a few G's on a car...

yjeezle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i really like sapphire... i switch between freedom and sapphire

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just got my new card, now need to cancel the amex

xpress

Reaction score

Just got my new card, now need to cancel the amex

Why cancel?
I have an Amex I might use once a year, but when I need it, it's there.
Credit is easy to get when you don't need it, and impossible when you do.

As for my daily credit card use, Visa Infinite Avion (RBC).
Concierge is better than Amex IMHO, good rewards, 15k bonus points on signup, $120/year fee waved with most RBC banking packages.
:happy:

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
$150 annual fee brah. Got to let my gold baby go :violin:

redpawn

Reaction score
HSBC is probably best for working/traveling alot overseas.

Considering trying this out soon.
As a frequent traveler, I swear by the amex platinum though. The annual fee is kind of hefty, but concierge and access to airport lounges easily pay for it if you take advantage of them.

The only other card I hold is a Capital One that I used to build credit, no real reward system or anything. Might upgrade that for a venture rewards card.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is anyone else getting offers from their mortgage company for ccards? Seems to be a trend, is this happening to others?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads