• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Unlined, completely unconstructed jackets

Jamesgatz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Loro Piana Giacca Cordoba - not cheap but nice (just got mine:)

UncleCozy

Reaction score
Belvest makes some under the name "Jacket in a box".

Last edited:

katabatic

Reaction score
You can also look at Canali's Kei jackets - they are quite wonderfully cut and completely unlined.

+1

I just tried on a beautiful Canali Kei at my local Nordstrom Rack. Very tempting. I like it much better than Canali's structured jackets, at least the ones carried by Nordstrom.

emptym

Reaction score
Aravenel, I sent them an existing jacket I had.

SHS, thank you.

maraca2020

Reaction score
Thanks; I also think they look better with a fabric with more give, any opinions?

MTLinStyle

Reaction score
Just curious as to what Canali Kei SC run at Nordstrom Rack for? as well as whether they have good selection of patterns and in sizes 40R-42R?

katabatic

Reaction score
Just curious as to what Canali Kei SC run at Nordstrom Rack for? as well as whether they have good selection of patterns and in sizes 40R-42R?

Mine has a couple for $600 each (I think the retail price at the mainline store was around $1400 if I remember the tag right). They're clearance from the mainline Nordstrom store, so selection is going to be highly variable. My Rack has 2 in my size (EU 52) and one in a 54 (last time I looked, anyway).

AHS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With summer approaching, I am looking for a very affordable option. Any suggestions?

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just found this thread and thought I'd add a contribution. Will mostly contribute stuff in the "affordable" range. I have broad shoulders so I try to look at minimal to no padding in the shoulder area for SCs and suits.

I own and can recommend Canali Kei (pricey unless you find them at discount store as noted above) , LBM 1911 (fit TTS; discounted nicely on Yoox). Also, have only bought quarter or butterfly lined jackets in LBM 1911. No lined jackets so I don't know if they have extra shoulder padding.

Finally, have had good luck with J crew ludlow jackets in "stretch" cotton. These are totally unlined, except for the sleeves. Fit TTS. Cotton is see through and very breathable. Not too crazy about the thin lapels, but whatya gonna do. You can find them on sale at mainline j crew for around $100. Also, ignore the folds in the front as I was angling my iphone hand to get a shoulder shot:
fUZUPyD.jpg

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
see below.

Last edited:

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Borrelli Sorrento model if you can find one.
I am not sure that they are still being made:

https://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=borrelli+sorrento&_sacat=11450
I have one identical to the white but in brown linen.
Thanks!

Here's another one (that I'm wearing 2day): Gant Rugger blazer. This one is quarter lined, but other than the seams on the shoulders, I can't feel any padding. I have another Gant Rugger SC that is wool, maybe herringbone pattern. Same minimal, or no padding construction. I'll try to post when I wear it. Pretty sure most if not all Gant ruggers are like this.
AVT5NdD.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads