• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Unjung's Bespoke Adventure (special appearance by Vox)

Bull

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by greger
About braces-
Mom thought they were so old fashion, she recently died in her 80s. Granddad said that proper suit trousers came up on the ribcage aways. This give uniformity to the suit as a whole and lengthens the legs in appearances, and shortens the vest, he was from the 1890s. Short waisted trousers is more like and odd coat and odd trousers combination. But the younger generation changed the rules, as did the next generation and so on, as had been done with earlier generations (nothing new here). Today on these forums we have a mixed bag. I also like to see braces instead of them always being hidden, so the rule of never showing braces should stay in the past with the Brits. Seeing braces add curoisity about the person and shows some of his charactor, why hide that? White tie and black tie the braces would be a distraction, but with nearly all other clothes they are a pleasure to see. From my perspective some people are pushing the wrong rules.

Pants that come up to the ribcage are an awesome felon look:

Picture%201850.png

We miss you, Bernie. Where else can we invest money and get a reliable 10% return without a down month for several decades(?) FREE BERNIE.

greger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Please. Vox flies for no one. His tailors, caviar, and boy slaves fly for him.

Hmm, that does change things. I thought he would go out on the town that evening and ride one of the bulls in the grandstand. After all, they have real bulls out there. Show those cowboys that an Eastern can ride, too. But, he can always bring the grandstand and bulls and cowboys and tailor to his elstate for the evening.

greger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bull
Pants that come up to the ribcage are an awesome felon look:

Picture%201850.png

We miss you, Bernie. Where else can we invest money and get a reliable 10% return without a down month for several decades(?) FREE BERNIE.

Waist isn't high enough. You've much to learn.

greger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Looks like he is hiding about 10K in a roll of twenty dollar bills in his pants
confused.gif

Under pants?

Where is the best place to hide money?

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by greger
It is still day light. You have time to fly out there today and see him in the morning.

Do the steaks at Carver's Steakhouse still suck?

- B

greger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Do the steaks at Carver's Steakhouse still suck?

- B

If they do I don't think they are cooked enough.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It's impossible to tell how it fits based on those photos, but I would double-check that the collar is high and tight enough.

Bull

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of steak, I just went to the original Morton's and had their Chicago-style bone-in ribeye, medium rare. Nice hunk of meat.

When I'm feeling adventurous, though, the David Burke Primehouse 75 day dry-aged ribeye can't be fucked with. The mold is simply pungent. I mean that in the most delightful way possible.

academe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bull
Yeah, I know. Way back when, in England, shirtsleeves and braces were considered "undergarments." Thank God I didn't live in England back then. Punishing summer heat whilst wearing a worsted wool suit and hat? I would have died. Thankfully, nobody abides by these rules any more, and you can wear a shirt and tie around the office without looking like you're walking around in your boxers. Good times.

Have you ever been to the UK summer? Unless you're in the southwest I think we're lucky if the thermometer passes 16 C (60 F)!
laugh.gif
Not exactly punishing summer heat...

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by academe
Have you ever been to the UK summer? Unless you're in the southwest I think we're lucky if the thermometer passes 16 C (60 F)!
laugh.gif
Not exactly punishing summer heat...

In Folkestone ,we go up to 25/26 celsius twice a year and sometimes for two days in a row...
devil.gif

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
In Folkestone ,we go up to 25/26 celsius twice a year and sometimes for two days in a row...
devil.gif

Is that from the heat given off when the townspeople burn this wicker thing?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

- B

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads