1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Unjung's Bespoke Adventure (special appearance by Vox)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by unjung, Sep 8, 2010.

1. greger

greger Well-Known Member

About braces-
    Mom thought they were so old fashion, she recently died in her 80s. Granddad said that proper suit trousers came up on the ribcage aways. This give uniformity to the suit as a whole and lengthens the legs in appearances, and shortens the vest, he was from the 1890s. Short waisted trousers is more like and odd coat and odd trousers combination. But the younger generation changed the rules, as did the next generation and so on, as had been done with earlier generations (nothing new here). Today on these forums we have a mixed bag. I also like to see braces instead of them always being hidden, so the rule of never showing braces should stay in the past with the Brits. Seeing braces add curoisity about the person and shows some of his charactor, why hide that? White tie and black tie the braces would be a distraction, but with nearly all other clothes they are a pleasure to see. From my perspective some people are pushing the wrong rules.

2. bigbris1

bigbris1 Well-Known Member

I prefer waifish models who subsist on diet coke and the occasional vodka (solely), because I think a woman's bone structure (a graceful back, gently protruding ribs, shapely arms and legs) to be subtly beautiful. I find bodies like this to be a bit too ample, bordering on vulgar. But it's a treat to look at and fuck about with.

:hurl:

3. mafoofan

mafoofan Well-Known Member

Prithy tell, on what point is there this established consensus?

You said yourself that although you know there is a palpable forum penchant for fishtail trousers, you think they look ridiculous on people under 30 because they are no longer favored by them. If you wanted to learn and extract value from your participation here, you wouldn't waste time rejecting forum tastes on the mere basis of non-forum norms.

4. greger

greger Well-Known Member

I love Lake Louise and Banff...what do you suggest, that I fly out to Calgary and get something made by youngjung's tailor?

- B

It is still day light. You have time to fly out there today and see him in the morning.

5. mafoofan

It is still day light. You have time to fly out there today and see him in the morning.

Please. Vox flies for no one. His tailors, caviar, and boy slaves fly for him.

6. Bull

Bull Well-Known Member

About braces-
    Mom thought they were so old fashion, she recently died in her 80s. Granddad said that proper suit trousers came up on the ribcage aways. This give uniformity to the suit as a whole and lengthens the legs in appearances, and shortens the vest, he was from the 1890s. Short waisted trousers is more like and odd coat and odd trousers combination. But the younger generation changed the rules, as did the next generation and so on, as had been done with earlier generations (nothing new here). Today on these forums we have a mixed bag. I also like to see braces instead of them always being hidden, so the rule of never showing braces should stay in the past with the Brits. Seeing braces add curoisity about the person and shows some of his charactor, why hide that? White tie and black tie the braces would be a distraction, but with nearly all other clothes they are a pleasure to see. From my perspective some people are pushing the wrong rules.

Pants that come up to the ribcage are an awesome felon look:

[​IMG]

We miss you, Bernie. Where else can we invest money and get a reliable 10% return without a down month for several decades(?) FREE BERNIE.

7. edmorel

edmorel Well-Known Member

Looks like he is hiding about 10K in a roll of twenty dollar bills in his pants [​IMG]

8. greger

greger Well-Known Member

Please. Vox flies for no one. His tailors, caviar, and boy slaves fly for him.

Hmm, that does change things. I thought he would go out on the town that evening and ride one of the bulls in the grandstand. After all, they have real bulls out there. Show those cowboys that an Eastern can ride, too. But, he can always bring the grandstand and bulls and cowboys and tailor to his elstate for the evening.

9. greger

greger Well-Known Member

Pants that come up to the ribcage are an awesome felon look:

[​IMG]

We miss you, Bernie. Where else can we invest money and get a reliable 10% return without a down month for several decades(?) FREE BERNIE.

Waist isn't high enough. You've much to learn.

10. greger

greger Well-Known Member

Looks like he is hiding about 10K in a roll of twenty dollar bills in his pants [​IMG]

Under pants?

Where is the best place to hide money?

11. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Well-Known Member

Do the steaks at Carver's Steakhouse still suck?

- B

12. greger

greger Well-Known Member

- B

If they do I don't think they are cooked enough.

13. greger

greger Well-Known Member

- B

Can you cal veal steak?

14. voxsartoria

If they do I don't think they are cooked enough.

Can you cal veal steak?

[​IMG] to your two-post answer to my one-post question.

- B

15. voxsartoria

Meanwhile, back in the thread...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

- B

16. mafoofan

It's impossible to tell how it fits based on those photos, but I would double-check that the collar is high and tight enough.

17. Bull

Bull Well-Known Member

Speaking of steak, I just went to the original Morton's and had their Chicago-style bone-in ribeye, medium rare. Nice hunk of meat.

When I'm feeling adventurous, though, the David Burke Primehouse 75 day dry-aged ribeye can't be fucked with. The mold is simply pungent. I mean that in the most delightful way possible.

18. academe

academe Well-Known Member

Yeah, I know. Way back when, in England, shirtsleeves and braces were considered "undergarments." Thank God I didn't live in England back then. Punishing summer heat whilst wearing a worsted wool suit and hat? I would have died. Thankfully, nobody abides by these rules any more, and you can wear a shirt and tie around the office without looking like you're walking around in your boxers. Good times.

Have you ever been to the UK summer? Unless you're in the southwest I think we're lucky if the thermometer passes 16 C (60 F)! [​IMG] Not exactly punishing summer heat...

19. lasbar

lasbar Well-Known Member

Have you ever been to the UK summer? Unless you're in the southwest I think we're lucky if the thermometer passes 16 C (60 F)! [​IMG] Not exactly punishing summer heat...

In Folkestone ,we go up to 25/26 celsius twice a year and sometimes for two days in a row...[​IMG]

20. voxsartoria

In Folkestone ,we go up to 25/26 celsius twice a year and sometimes for two days in a row...[​IMG]

Is that from the heat given off when the townspeople burn this wicker thing?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

- B