Unjung's Bespoke Adventure (special appearance by Vox)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by unjung, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Bull

Bull Senior member

What the hell are you talking about?

Trousers with the fish-tail back. I think on young(ish) gents, it looks odd. Yes I understand that this is the classic way to have trousers cut to accomodate braces, but I just don't like it.

2. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

Trousers with the fish-tail back. I think on young(ish) gents, it looks odd. Yes I understand that this is the classic way to have trousers cut to accomodate braces, but I just don't like it.

Traditionally, there are only three ways that you would learn this about someone's pants:

1. From a photograph on the Internet.

2. In a locker room.

3. The person with the English back is your boyfriend or husband.

- B

3. Bull

Bull Senior member

He does post some nice pics every once in a while though.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Bull

Bull Senior member

One more, just because I have to:

[​IMG]

Adriana Lima wins.

5. A Y

A Y Senior member

Traditionally, there are only three ways that you would learn this about someone's pants:

2. In a locker room.

- B

4. You work for the TSA, but then you may be able make small talk comparing your hopsack blazer to the passenger's.

--Andre

6. Bull

Bull Senior member

2. In a locker room.

- B

Yeah, I know. Way back when, in England, shirtsleeves and braces were considered "undergarments." Thank God I didn't live in England back then. Punishing summer heat whilst wearing a worsted wool suit and hat? I would have died. Thankfully, nobody abides by these rules any more, and you can wear a shirt and tie around the office without looking like you're walking around in your boxers. Good times.

7. Bull

Bull Senior member

What the hell are you talking about?

Matt, I have to ask: why is it that you respond so viscerally when I call an aspect of a garment or fit by anything other than its SF-approved name (even when such terms aren't even used/accepted by real tailors, such as "open quarters")? You have a propensity to be quite nasty sometimes, for really no good reason. No idea why. Not that I care, just pointing out small, ungentlemanly behavior when I see it.

8. mafoofan

mafoofan THE FOO Dubiously Honored

Matt, I have to ask: why is it that you respond so viscerally when I call an aspect of a garment or fit by anything other than its SF-approved name (even when such terms aren't even used/accepted by real tailors, such as "open quarters")? You have a propensity to be quite nasty sometimes, for really no good reason. No idea why. Not that I care, just pointing out small, ungentlemanly behavior when I see it.

Because you often don't have any objective reasoning or solid knowledge base to support the big statements you make. There's not much of another way to react. Questioning rationally would just lead to debate, which everyone around here hates, so I sometimes respond tersely.

9. Manton

Manton RINO Dubiously Honored

Vox - These do not look as clean about the seat as one might have expected.

They look clean as a whistle to me, and shame on you for making me stare at Vox's buns.

10. Bull

Bull Senior member

Because you often don't have any objective reasoning or solid knowledge base to support the big statements you make. There's not much of another way to react. Questioning rationally would just lead to debate, which everyone around here hates, so I sometimes respond tersely.

There's no rational reason to subjectively dislike a style of trouser that has been completely abandoned by the RTW market for years, as well as many (possibly most) customers of bespoke?

Btw, like many people, I come here to learn. Not only am I not an expert in matters of clothing, I'm actually barely a beginner, slowly purging crappy, bad sartorial decisions out of my closet and amassing highly respectable, well-made garments (now that I earn a paycheck that allows it). Your snappy, miserable way of interacting with me (and certain other members, but I seem to bear the brunt of it) is unbecoming and small. C'mon, Matt. That's bitch behavior. Grow up.

11. unjung

unjung Senior member

Stop shitting up my thread, you jerks. This thread is for discussion of Unjung's Bespoke Adventure (special appearance by Vox) and nothing else. And Vox's guest appearance is only for one of four acts, and that act is coming to an end.

12. bigbris1

bigbris1 Senior member

Bull, we are a kindred spirit. From your posts ITT to the assertions made by members speculation who my sock was, it is now confirmed.

13. greger

greger Senior member

(even when such terms aren't even used/accepted by real tailors, such as "open quarters"

How do you know real tailors haven't used this term "open quarters"?

Today there are few tailors left. In the past tailors were scattered across countries in most towns, so there were many. From one country to another they expressed things differently. About fifty years ago I heard an old tailor use the term "open quarters". Maybe he was talking to a "customer", or maybe not, I don't remember. "open quarters" was around long before I was around.

14. Bull

Bull Senior member

They look clean as a whistle to me, and shame on you for making me stare at Vox's buns.

*is hypnotized by vox's bum* (n/h)

15. Bull

Bull Senior member

Stop shitting up my thread, you jerks. This thread is for discussion of Unjung's Bespoke Adventure (special appearance by Vox) and nothing else. And Vox's guest appearance is only for one of four acts, and that act is coming to an end.

My bad, unhung.