1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Unjung's Bespoke Adventure (special appearance by Vox)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by unjung, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Doxe

Doxe Senior member

Does he make touques?

- B

FTFY

2. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Senior member

FTFY

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

- B

3. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

Does he make tooks?

- B

FTFY

TOQUES.

4. voxsartoria

TOQUES.

[​IMG]

- B

5. Flieger

Flieger Senior member

Dopey we need you in this threak, to weigh in.
    Vaclava, is, wel,come to,o

6. rob

rob Senior member

As long as we are talking about Alberta destinations, I would like to give a shout out to my home town of Vulcan. They have a really cool Star Trek gift shop ( I think they call it a museum) and my crazy uncle Eddie stills runs the family bakery.

Rob

7. ljrcustom

ljrcustom Senior member

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

I'm afraid that I do not take the boat. I find that the frigid Harbor water and sea salt to form an ideal environment for a bracing swim.

- B

Makes sense to me i too have found the beautiful water of the harbor to be refreshing, but I can't say that I swim it daily like you do.

-LR

8. comrade

comrade Senior member

I'm afraid that I do not take the boat. I find that the frigid Harbor water and sea salt to form an ideal environment for a bracing swim.

- B

Cuckoo Clocks ? As usual Hollywood is factually wrong. Cuckoo Clocks are from the Black Forest,
    "Schwarzwald", an integral part of the Third Reich just a few years before the Third Man is set:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuckoo_clock

9. unjung

unjung Senior member

TOQUES.

[pio]Tuquoques[/pio]

10. wiimii

wiimii Well-Known Member

11. voxsartoria

This may explain why Caraceni Rome also use machine for this part of job.

Similar to jeffreyd, some tailors may think machine may do a better job for certain parts, maybe...

(I am referring to the back collar, not the entire collar though)

Caraceni canvas: blindstitch machine all over the place:

[​IMG]

Same with Caraceni lapels:

[​IMG]

- B

12. unjung

unjung Senior member

What meter did you write this in?

13. wiimii

wiimii Well-Known Member

14. bellyhungry

bellyhungry Senior member

This-thread-needs-an-update bump....

15. Bellum

Bellum Senior member

This-thread-needs-an-update bump....

Maybe vox will tell us what he had for lunch.

16. Wes Bourne

Wes Bourne Senior member

I will keep the thread updated as I go along.

[​IMG]

17. unjung

unjung Senior member

Okay... I am a bit late here. I apologize. Work and not having a camera got in the way. I know that's no excuse, but it's my excuse. Points of note: -Suit hasn't been pressed in probably 10 wearings; -Yes, I wanted a bit of "pull" when buttoned; -In retrospect my "fashion forward" demands in terms of keeping everything very close fitting were excessive - I would let things out just a hair, particularly the thighs, waist and shoulders, by a hair. It fits, but you can tell it's closely fitted; -Maybe too much break; -Workmanship is solid, no issues; -Minimal "divets" if any - only when I raise my arms outward; -Will go for round two as soon as I finish my Chinese tailor adventure (future thread); -Apologies for the terrible photos on auto-timer with flash in my makeshift office. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] (My arm is holding the camera up in this one.) [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] (Fun pocket lining.)

18. Ataturk

Ataturk Senior member

It fits in the sense that you're able to button it. I wouldn't go past that.

19. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Senior member

It fits in the sense that you're able to button it. I wouldn't go past that.

For once, you and I agree [​IMG]